Paul McCartney

Demarcation

18 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Yup. What a night though. One of my favourite gigs ever.

It was indeed, although I think the chair brigade had a shock down at the front, when people wanted to dance to the Zutons and Kaiser Chiefs. They really were not impressed. Although there were a few stubborn ones that lasted until halfway through Kaiser's before they eventually moved.

10 minutes ago, Boomtowner said:

It was indeed, although I think the chair brigade had a shock down at the front, when people wanted to dance to the Zutons and Kaiser Chiefs. They really were not impressed. Although there were a few stubborn ones that lasted until halfway through Kaiser's before they eventually moved.

It was the only time I've ever one anything approaching VIP. We had tickets in the Centenary Stand, just under the boxes with access to a bar and a bit of a buffet thrown in. It was worth it for the bar from what mates told me, carnage trying to get drinks where they were. 

I hope the whole gig is put out at some time. I had the highlights save for ages but lost them when I changed me Sky box.

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

Me and my mates annoyed everyone around us in 2004 by shouting 'play the Frog song' at the end of everything he played.

Apologies, I was 22 years old and full of cheap lager.

🙂 

no apologies needed]

I did the same thing in 04... never forgave him for not playing that  

23 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I just don’t get why speculation upsets people on a speculation forum. I don’t think that’s really the reason though it’s that some people can’t have fun without winding people up or starting a scrap.

All I said, or what I intended to say, was if page n plant do desert trip I think Hyde park is a likely venue if they came to the UK - in light of BST booking acts like the Eagles and the Stones.

What baffles me. And I’m open to someone explaining this to me, is why comments of mine like this make people angry. Because if I’m going to be frank right now I don’t get it and I don’t understand. I’m confused why people come here if they don’t like discussions about potential future gigs or what acts could tour. I’m genuinely confused.

To be honest over the last few months I've been really pissed off with the way people treat you as a punchline to a joke, not in the Glastonbury spirit at all but for some reason several posters on here seem to think it's okay to constantly take the piss. I've been close to calling it out a few times, especially when you took a few days off recently.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Haan said:

Will he play anything from Revolver? That's the only Beatles album I've heard lol.

I have a lot of catching up to do!

Your best place to start is the album '1' it has all the Beatles number 1 singles. There's a good chance of at least 10 tracks off that album turning up. 

• Upvote 1

Macca’s ‘Got Back’ US tour is on general sale today. The prices the tickets are going for is incredible and people are seeing tickets going on resale in droves immediately. Looking at the McCartney boards,  many long term fans are getting priced out and giving up.

£280 for Macca and all the rest of our Glasto line-up is an absolute bargain in comparison 

1 minute ago, henry bear said:

Macca’s ‘Got Back’ US tour is on general sale today. The prices the tickets are going for is incredible and people are seeing tickets going on resale in droves immediately. Looking at the McCartney boards,  many long term fans are getting priced out and giving up.

£280 for Macca and all the rest of our Glasto line-up is an absolute bargain in comparison 

If theyre getting priced out why were there people who paid the $2500 for front row? Theres tickets floating around but they dont care to look. I mean I can find tickets for $100 for Los Angeles right now. People who only go to a couple of concerts a year Are screwed because they cant adapt to what happens with ticket sales. And its not like Paul seems too concerned about controlling prices. The face values were well within his normal range of ticket price. The algorithm took over and that was all it took to make em spike a bit. He decided to play a bunch of arenas where youre playing to 12,000 a night not 50,000 at an nfl stadium. Did these people expect it to be easy?

12 minutes ago, henry bear said:

It was £112 last time he played so that was even more of a bargain.

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

If theyre getting priced out why were there people who paid the $2500 for front row? Theres tickets floating around but they dont care to look. I mean I can find tickets for $100 for Los Angeles right now. People who only go to a couple of concerts a year Are screwed because they cant adapt to what happens with ticket sales. And its not like Paul seems too concerned about controlling prices. The face values were well within his normal range of ticket price. The algorithm took over and that was all it took to make em spike a bit. He decided to play a bunch of arenas where youre playing to 12,000 a night not 50,000 at an nfl stadium. Did these people expect it to be easy?

Alright mate, I only asked the time

• Like 1