Successful Coach Sale

Aragorn

30 minutes ago, Igster said:

Managed to bag a ticket for a friend coming from London but in all the rush somehow managed only to pick single way and not a return coach ticket I don't remember ever seeing the option for this when buying. Is this set in stone  now or is there anyway to change this going forward?

Is there private coach companys that can be booked for the trip back to London? 

I did the exact same thing! 

7 minutes ago, thrillhouse188 said:

I did the exact same thing! 

Seems to have happened to a few of us now! I really can not remember seeing any option for single or return just thought it was a given that everyone wants a return ticket! Sure least there's nat express as an alternative so all is well apart from being more expensive now! Least the ticket is secured! 

I knew a single was a possibility but just panicked on the page and selected the first London coach that had tickets! Didn’t realise returns were directly below ? 

ah well, its actually better for us as we didn’t plan on getting on the return coach anyway!

We’re on the 9am Wednesday London coach, is it literally just the one coach per timeslot? 

Edited by thrillhouse188

1 hour ago, mazola said:

got through to the reg page at about 6.12, then got through to the London page.

About 7 or 8 times it let me select tickets (I was after 6), but then when I clicked proceed it thought about it for a few seconds and wouldn't go any further.

Each time it did that it took out everyone but the lead booker, so I had to go back and forward again to get the other 5 on there.

Finally got through to the payment page and a 5 minute timer started, and every time i put my bank details in the page would freeze for about 20 seconds then a time-out page came up. Pressed back and tried again, about 5 times the same result with the timer ticking down all the time.

Eventually the timer ran out and I was kicked back to the front screen, which now said sold out.

Was typing a message to my group on my phone to say we'd blown it, when up pops an email from seetickets saying booking confirmed!

What a fucking roller coaster, but somehow I bagged 6 tickets for London, weds at 6.00am

Dropped in for you, had the same thing before payment wise

Got the same issues as you tonight with the selection process and then came up sold out. Was our Plan B anyway, roll on Sunday!

53 minutes ago, Igster said:

Managed to bag a ticket for a friend coming from London but in all the rush somehow managed only to pick single way and not a return coach ticket I don't remember ever seeing the option for this when buying. Is this set in stone  now or is there anyway to change this going forward?

Is there private coach companys that can be booked for the trip back to London? 

I think most of the coaches going back have spaces so I wouldn’t worry too much - you could always ring up See tickets later and add it on. 

Just now, Gnomicide said:

30 people trying for 3 groups. Nowt.IMG_20191003_185252.thumb.jpg.960f141c824ae94471cfbe74b4dc9a9d.jpg

Ditto. I am thinking it’s now the plan for one device, one browser, one screen. Steady refresh......

sunday is is going to be a tad challenging.....?

I’ve asked this question once already and many thanks to the person who replied but I’m just putting the feelers out to see if anyone is in the same position, knows of similar through personal experience.

So I’ve just started a new job and it turns out Glasto week is the busiest of the year apparently. I did the right thing and asked my boss about it yesterday and he said it’s fine for me to go but only take 2 days holiday not 3, meaning go on the Thursday and come back Sunday night.

i managed to get through and got coach tickets from London but my hand was shaking so much I’ve obviously somehow clicked Wednesday not Thursday.

is there anyway to rectify this? The reply I’ve got is that tickets are able to be collected from the box office there but I know the official line is that they have to be picked up on the coach. I’m guessing See are unlikely to put me on a Thursday coach (or night time on Wednesday?

1 hour ago, Cold chips (dj set) said:

We got 6 tickets from Manchester! How have you found out what time you depart?

You find out in May. Been a couple of years from Manchester. There's lots of departures - every hour. They go from opposite Victoria (the Co-op building). 

We went at 2pm last year. There is a theory on here that they fill the coaches in the order that the tickets were bought. We got our really late last year so that seems to work. 

What time did your transaction go through?

20 minutes ago, JoshM87 said:

I’ve asked this question once already and many thanks to the person who replied but I’m just putting the feelers out to see if anyone is in the same position, knows of similar through personal experience.

So I’ve just started a new job and it turns out Glasto week is the busiest of the year apparently. I did the right thing and asked my boss about it yesterday and he said it’s fine for me to go but only take 2 days holiday not 3, meaning go on the Thursday and come back Sunday night.

i managed to get through and got coach tickets from London but my hand was shaking so much I’ve obviously somehow clicked Wednesday not Thursday.

is there anyway to rectify this? The reply I’ve got is that tickets are able to be collected from the box office there but I know the official line is that they have to be picked up on the coach. I’m guessing See are unlikely to put me on a Thursday coach (or night time on Wednesday?

usually bosses should honour pre arranged holiday ( maybe try googling it)  .... maybe they will relent once they know you and if you have a good record and see its importance to you ... worth a try as one option 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

usually bosses should honour pre arranged holiday ( maybe try googling it)  .... maybe they will relent once they know you and if you have a good record and see its importance to you ... worth a try as one option 

Well technically it’s not prearranged and now that I’ve asked him for permission it definitely isn’t.

i agree that asking permission is the best way to get around it.