Rollin' Limp Bizkit Thread

dentalplan

8 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Sir, yes it is.

I'm not googling it, but I reckon it was Cypress Hill

8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Lawn is my age. There's no way he escaped Bizkitmania in the year 2000.

Not my year 2000 bub, I was jamming on Pop Idol and Busted and Cartoon Network theme tunes.

8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Lawn is my age. There's no way he escaped Bizkitmania in the year 2000.

10 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Calling bullshit on this one Mardy. You would at least be curious.

You know, i was pondering this after my throwaway response yesterday. I’ve got a massive black hole in my musical knowledge between about 96 and 2001, 2002. It was after I left the UK to go and live abroad and before the ubiquity of the internet. So pretty much anything that happened in those 5 years passed me by. From OK Computer to Craig David, I got nothing. Limp Bizkit fall into this gap.

So, to try and remedy that, i watched some of the clips in this thread. 

My original response stands.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Mardy said:

I'd rather play the sticky biscuit game than see these c**ts

I'm pleased someone had the courage to say it :) 

I can't envisage any situation where they would end up playing and I think that's better for everyone, well except for @dentalplan and his crusade of course.  

Limp Bizkit were incredible at Boomtown. I've seen them do some decent sets at other festivals, but they really pulled it off with their Boomtown setlist. They knew they were a bit off-genre for the festival and played a brilliant mash-up setlist with loads of their own songs and loads of 'classics'. 

They'd put on a show at daytime Glasto, sure, but if you want a proper Limp Bizkit party, put them on the Truth Stage at 1am. That'd be insane. 

Edited by Sam W
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

as much as i hate (strong word, perhaps, but accurate) LB and all the copycats they created and all the dreadful music we had to endure because of them - i met my wife at the Limp Bizkit gig in Finsbury Park in 2003 so i'd be up for it as we could make it into some sort of anniversary celebration sort of thing.

i used to think Fred Durst was kind of pathetic being a 50 year old man (or whatever) dressing like a 16 year old... but i'm now in my 40's and still wearing (in some cases literally) the same stuff as when i was 16 so, y'know... glass houses...

On 9/5/2019 at 10:25 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I only know about them bocos Eminem mentioned them in The Real Slim Shady or whatever it was. Are they any good?

They're a terrible band but they could be great fun live. 

You know those really bad horror movies that are supposed to be scary but they're just so awful that they become hilarious. Thats Limp Bizkit.

• 1 month later...