BLACKPINK

Matt42

16 minutes ago, churlie100 said:

BLACKPINK would be an absolutely perfect booking for me. I've only heard a few of their songs but they seem like they'd be a lot of fun live and tickets to see them are very expensive, prohibitively so unless you're a massive fan (or are very rich).

For me, that's what festivals are all about in terms of music. Acts who you enjoy but, for some reason or another, haven't paid or wouldn't pay to go and see at their own concert. Get them headlining Other against Guns 'N Roses and it'll be a huge party.

EDIT: Just saw the theory that they might play after the legends slot. Rod seeing all those teenagers waiting for BLACKPINK might give him the notion he's still got it, which nobody needs.

Don’t think they will do other - think it’s pyramid. After the legend sounds like a fit.

5 hours ago, Matt42 said:

- BST not sold out and no indication it’s an exclusive 

Not exclusive, but it is being marketed as "their UK festival debut".

But maybe that was the original plan before Emily convinced them to bin the New Zealand gig 🤔

18 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If they're doing it at all it'll be to capitalise on a live BBC broadcast into the nation's living rooms.

They already would have had an actual Worldwide one 2 months prior. Which has more impact. And K Pop artist management isnt likely going to be too agreeable to a broadcast thats so geo restrictive. They want everyone to be able to watch their artists perform if its such a significant moment. 

6 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

They already would have had an actual Worldwide one 2 months prior. Which has more impact. And K Pop artist management isnt likely going to be too agreeable to a broadcast thats so geo restrictive. They want everyone to be able to watch their artists perform if its such a significant moment. 

Yes because if you want to make big news in the UK market then you're much better off doing Coachella hidden away on YouTube where nobody watches as opposed to Glastonbury, the pinnacle of music festivals broadcast on the BBC and shoved down the nation's throat for a month. 

Correct me if I'm wrong here but Glastonbury sets are also broadcast in various places around the world, are they not?

Maybe not live but I've often seen people on Twitter talking about sets, I wonder what channel is showing them and it turns out it's in Australia or Canada or some other country.

13 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Correct me if I'm wrong here but Glastonbury sets are also broadcast in various places around the world, are they not?

Maybe not live but I've often seen people on Twitter talking about sets, I wonder what channel is showing them and it turns out it's in Australia or Canada or some other country.

"BBC Studios has been the global distributor for Glastonbury since 2010, taking highlights from the festival to TV and VOD audiences around the world. Content from Glastonbury was sold internationally to 232 territories including India, South Korea, Australia, Brazil and the US".

• Thanks 1

The BBC do a good job of making sure the sets get around. In the US I remember watching a Glastonbury weekend on MTV2 with a ton of sets a few months after the 2016 festival… also a lot of Glastonbury content gets licensed to Qello, a streaming service for live shows that costs $10, and then sub-licensed on (I watched Billie’s other stage set on Peacock a few weeks back with Qello branding).

Unfortunately this is all usually months after the fact. I think Beyoncé organized her own deal to have her set live on BET in the US at the time?

Edited by Drinky