Sziget 2020

jj200

1 minute ago, swelsbyuk said:

So we think the following is correct, with the exception of Major Lazer?

If so, who is likely to be the 7th? We know it's an EDM act and has been mentioned on here a few times. We also, I believe, know it's not AVB.

So? Chainsmokers?

Chainsmokers played sziget in 2017 and we already have 3 returning headliners (kings of Leon, Shawn mendes, Calvin harris) so wont be them.

People seem to be betting on tiesto

Eminem- BIg name but not a rap man

Shawn Mendes- Okay 

Calvin Harris- Big name and seen him at TITP a few times and Scottish 

Katy Perry- Decent but I would rather have Robyn/Lorde but she Perry will be a big hit...

Kings of Leon- Were okay last year but not my Fav

The Strokes- Good, but undercard?

Major Lazer- Okay but I am not sure they went down well last time.

Seen KOL last year at Benni so a bit disappointed that the "Rock" act is not Kasabian/BIffy/Liam - Seen most of the rest so I was expecting something different.  Sigrid/Mable/Waves and a few others to prop it up?

Two door and Faols it is then :( 

Leaks- Gerry CInnamin or Lewis for that Scottish act ? Whats the chances and maybe a older act like Keane and Maddness

1 hour ago, FestivalJamie said:

I don’t like the atmosphere at reading at all, full of 16 year olds who have just finished GCSEs doing drugs. I don’t find it spacious enough, it feels too overcrowded for me, whereas I found sziget so spacious and vast.

Line up at reading is normally pretty strong though.

I thought you weren't much older than like 18-19? Can't lie being spacious isn't exactly the top of my agenda when picking a festival, its good enough for me

1 hour ago, FestivalJamie said:

I don’t like the atmosphere at reading at all, full of 16 year olds who have just finished GCSEs doing drugs. I don’t find it spacious enough, it feels too overcrowded for me, whereas I found sziget so spacious and vast.

With festivals like reading which are basically gigs in a field, rather than a festival experience like Sziget, roskilde, Glastonbury. Then it's always going to ge crowded, it actually put a stop to me going to Reading for a few years. 

Last year was my first reading since 2009, take my daughter there now and doing the same this year.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, The_Preach said:

Hi everyone, I tried to create a Clashfinder with a couple of names leaked or rumoured. 

Click here to go to the clashfinder!

Quote this post when you have something I could add!

bru if halsey and katy perry is there ima die got tickets to see halsey allready lmao and black eyes woud make the day worth in for shaun ahahaha

2 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

Interesting... I actually prefer Reading (and I'm not doing drugs 😂 btw I've seen and been bothered by drugged people more often at Sziget than Reading). Also I think the atmosphere during some shows is on next level and much better compared to Sziget.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, Newjem said:

Interesting... I actually prefer Reading (and I'm not doing drugs 😂 btw I've seen and been bothered by drugged people more often at Sziget than Reading). Also I think the atmosphere during some shows is on next level and much better compared to Sziget.

People at sziget are generally in smaller groups and are more outgoing is most likely why - everyone keeps to themself at Reading really. The shows are brilliant at reading crowds like brockhampton's a few years ago are nothing like szigets. two very different beasts.

1 hour ago, thetime said:

With festivals like reading which are basically gigs in a field, rather than a festival experience like Sziget, roskilde, Glastonbury. Then it's always going to ge crowded, it actually put a stop to me going to Reading for a few years. 

Last year was my first reading since 2009, take my daughter there now and doing the same this year.

I'd heard Rosklide was pretty crazy in the camping, I was under the impression its the craziest outside the UK in general admission - not sure if theres tons of space in other bits I know it has special camping sections though. You can always camp at the back of white with Reading and be pretty okay, obviously the arena is fairly busy but thats to be expected.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The_Preach said:

Hi everyone, I tried to create a Clashfinder with a couple of names leaked or rumoured. 

Click here to go to the clashfinder!

Quote this post when you have something I could add!

Also I'm pretty sure madeon will play on A38 at 1am but which day I don't know. I would not be surprise if deftones is announced or boris brejcha. I would love to see again Paul Kalkbrenner. Rufus du sol, The hives, The lumineers and disclosure could be around too.