Sziget 2020

jj200

9 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

I didn't mean she was old, I more meant that I thought her music was quite old comparatively to for instance Taylor swift and billie eilish who have new releases

well you know, "new" doesnt always mean better than "older" stuff... RATM doesnt have anything new since what, 10 years ? but 90% of people would be thrilled to see them ^^ But I get it, you're totally free not to like Katy ;) at least we agree on shawn mendes ... 🤮

3 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

I can see we all share different point of view ^^ Im 33, and I definitely prefer to see Katy Perry than Billie Eilish. I really like her, but except 3-4 songs, all the rest is quiet. Beautiful, but quiet... I already have my ticket for next Sziget and Im sure many of the old 30s' like me would be glad to see Katy lol 😅

You have a valid point there. Katy Perry has more energetic songs and her overall apperance is I guess more "festivalish" :D

If the Polish guy is right, then we'll might have something like Kings of Leon - Calvin Harris - Shawn Mendes - Eminem - Tiesto - Katy Perry - Bon Iver. Looks pretty weak in my opinion, I might watch Eminem only (and maybe Katy Perry for the chicks).

I would prefer something else instead of Bon Iver, something like RHCP because KoL are really weak as "the rock band". RHCP would be awesome, but I don't know if it's still doable. At this point, however, Bon Iver are the most predictable for that last spot.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Kings of Leon - Calvin Harris - Shawn Mendes - Eminem - Tiesto - Katy Perry - Bon Iver. 

I'd see Calvin Harris, Eminem and Katy Perry of that lot.

My kids and their friends would no doubt want to see Shawn Mendes.

Neither of us will have the slightest interest in Bon Iver, but might give KOL the benefit of the doubt despite their poor live reputation.

Which leaves Tiesto who I know absolutely nothing about. I assume he'll just be another Garrix-type act?

Edited by billybigballs

41 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

Bon Iver and Kings of Leon headlining would be nobody's favourite duo.

They would be such a bad couple of bookings and would need a really strong rock or indie undercard to support.

Well we already know foals and two door cinema club are on the undercard (if the leaker is genuine)... so in my opinion that already makes the undercard stronger than the headliners.

58 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

If the Polish guy is right, then we'll might have something like Kings of Leon - Calvin Harris - Shawn Mendes - Eminem - Tiesto - Katy Perry - Bon Iver. 

I'd go for Eminem alone. The point It is not that I'd rather not watch the other names, but that I would straight avoid the rest of them.

Really poor bookings and weak headliners. The big popstar image already failed in 2015, just get over it and get some barely-critical acclaimed, that's not the Super Bowl half-time; Bon Iver Is kinda poor as a festival headliner and that came from almost anybody who went to see them last time, and KoL are a huge meh everytime they are called at a festival... Can't really see anybody excited about them since ages.

52 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

Which leaves Tiesto who I know absolutely nothing about. I assume he'll just be another Garrix-type act?

Sadly yes... Back in the day he was a Trance-music legend and in that era he would have been a cool booking. Now he just turned to the Classic EDM big room thing and from time to time plays some trance mix, but just for a few minutes in an entire set. 

1 hour ago, billybigballs said:

Bon Iver and Kings of Leon headlining would be nobody's favourite duo.

They would be such a bad couple of bookings and would need a really strong rock or indie undercard to support.

Bon Iver would be a better headliner for me than any of the other rumoured headliners mentioned here. Magical performers. ❤️

• Upvote 3

Is there any other reason than this guy that people think Shawn Mendez gonna be there? The guy just finished a very lucrative 9 month world tour in December. Why’d he decide to spend this summer doing festivals? Surely 2020 Gonna be spent recording and releasing a new album.

5 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

I guess that Sziget promised him a future headline slot when they saw how well he did with his support slot in 2018.

No I don’t buy it. One guy makes a rumour on here it pops up on reddit, festileaks etc. Also he played 2018, why have him back so soon. Mendes now makes about 1 m usd per show he doesn’t need a headline slot at a Hungarian festival to bolster his status....I’m calling it bull....hope not to be proved wrong 😝

36 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Bon Iver would be a better headliner for me than any of the other rumoured headliners mentioned here. Magical performers. ❤️

If Bon Iver comes I’d imagine we’d get The Tallest Man on Earth as well. They’ve toured together and both are at Way out West the following week 🤷🏻‍♂️

32 minutes ago, Steve. said:

Is there any other reason than this guy that people think Shawn Mendez gonna be there? The guy just finished a very lucrative 9 month world tour in December. Why’d he decide to spend this summer doing festivals? Surely 2020 Gonna be spent recording and releasing a new album.

I'll probably sound nasty-minded, buuuuut... with the amount of ghostwriters and co. these new "singer-songwriters" have, I'd be gutted if that requires more than 4-5 months to work up and be ready to release a new album. It is more about the recovery time of the performer, rather than the excruciating fatigue of coming up with a new pop hit, IMO.

24 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

I guess that Sziget promised him a future headline slot when they saw how well he did with his support slot in 2018.

More likely they contracted something similar from the beginning, especially if that will turn out to be an european / festival exclusive - everybody knew that Mendes-Kygo would have been a killer day in terms of selling -,

18 minutes ago, Steve. said:

No I don’t buy it. One guy makes a rumour on here it pops up on reddit, festileaks etc. Also he played 2018, why have him back so soon. Mendes now makes about 1 m usd per show he doesn’t need a headline slot at a Hungarian festival to bolster his status....I’m calling it bull....hope not to be proved wrong 😝

I'm on this man's boat, but whatever, let's play the game

22 minutes ago, Steve. said:

He’s returning this year.

It’s all about the ticket sales and his day will surely sell out really quickly.