Sziget 2020

jj200

19 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

Nothing but theives must be a strong chance. They've played a couple of times before and are at Summer Well.

They were good a few years ago but it poured down and the busiest I have ever seen the tent. 

They year before I left my friends in a limo to see the band for them to cancel two mins before they were supposed to play. I was stuck on my own while all my pals were in a limo with free drinks for two hours. O how they all laughed 😬

1 hour ago, gfa said:

I'd heard Rosklide was pretty crazy in the camping, I was under the impression its the craziest outside the UK in general admission - not sure if theres tons of space in other bits I know it has special camping sections though. You can always camp at the back of white with Reading and be pretty okay, obviously the arena is fairly busy but thats to be expected.

I mean the arena more than anything, always found reading to be the most over crowded of any festival I've attended. Perhaps Glastonbury before the big fence went up around the main stage.

1 hour ago, Davidoff said:

They were good a few years ago but it poured down and the busiest I have ever seen the tent. 

They year before I left my friends in a limo to see the band for them to cancel two mins before they were supposed to play. I was stuck on my own while all my pals were in a limo with free drinks for two hours. O how they all laughed 😬

Yeah, the singer got a can opener stuck in his eye...

Anyway, they did a great job for a big rain crowd, so they should be up for a third slot on the main or the headline slot on A38. I would easily go to see them at 22-00 instead of some EDM headliner.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Evo Music said:

One or 2 good rock acts simply isn't going to justify 7 days of festival, flights accommodation and just throwing a 1000 quid at it tho.... think I'm going to let the EDM and Pop heads have at it this year, and hope for a decent lineup next year...

That said, 2020 in general is a pretty weak year lineup wise for indie and rock (not considering fests like download, hellfest and graspop there) even Rock Werchter can't put on a decent lineup on the most popular day (Saturday)

I get it. I also spend my time in rock-metal fests', next summer Im doing RockAmRing in Germany and HellFest in France. BUT ! , I have to say I really enjoyed my time in Sziget, even if there's only 6-7 rock acts every year. It is more "holidays feeling" to me than all the others fests i've been to, there's many things to do other than the concerts, don't consider it as a "only bands/artists matter" ;)

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Do ticket prices normally rise on or around first announcement? Seems like a long time to wait if so! 

Usually they leave some time for the people to buy the tickets "still for the best price".

Edited by #1SzigetFan

I think they had a few weeks after an announcement for the lower price then it jumped up. 

Mad cool looks good value and Bennicasim  is only 69 quid for a good line up. 

At 299 I think it's a good deal but just depends on this line up. .

Anyone think London grammar could be playing? 

Edited by Davidoff

1 hour ago, Matt86 said:

I get it. I also spend my time in rock-metal fests', next summer Im doing RockAmRing in Germany and HellFest in France. BUT ! , I have to say I really enjoyed my time in Sziget, even if there's only 6-7 rock acts every year. It is more "holidays feeling" to me than all the others fests i've been to, there's many things to do other than the concerts, don't consider it as a "only bands/artists matter" ;)

Bands do matter but your right. I thought Bennicasim was great but nothing else there but concrete.  Budapest is  a great holiday and loads too do. This all does not come free and there lay out is great. 

I would rather they had more rock/British bands but I don't suppose that pulls in the younger crowd who spend the cash. 

I think we should find out next Thursday

Edited by Davidoff
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Davidoff said:

I think they had a few weeks after an announcement for the lower price then it jumped up. 

Mad cool looks good value and Bennicasim  is only 69 quid for a good line up. 

At 299 I think it's a good deal but just depends on this line up. .

Anyone think London grammar could be playing? 

Mad cool as clearly one of the best line up in Europe with 7 guys who can consider headliner in any other festivals (21 pilots, The Killers, Taylor Swift, Major Lazer, Kings of Leon, Deftones and Billie Eilish) and you've many other famous guys behind this seven. I can't imagine how much they paid to get this bunch of guys.

10 minutes ago, thetime said:

Blimey mate moaning about KOL and Bon Iver being boring, then give us Keane

Yeah, you got me on that one.

Although, in fairness, I did say I don't mind KOL's stuff, I just think they're static, wooden performers.

Whereas Bon Iver are shit on record and even worse live 😉

When Foal are 5th down they have a great line up. 

I seen kol last year and they were good, not my fav band but good live. 

Keane like kasiers would be good and get a good crowd in the tent. 

Could also see Weller/snow patrol/London grammar/tommwalker/ and a few good acts from mad cool. 

Leaks and chips indicating a few British irish bands. See Fontaines DC last year and they were great, 

Can't swallow so fast the fact are paying big money for someone like Katy Perry . How old is targeting audience, 15? 

Don't want to insult anyone but out of all possible names in music industry how can she be huge headliner? I really don't see her as quality act, Witness was a disaster, Witness: The Tour not really sold out etc .. 

Florence, Lorde, Lana (on studio records) ... are something else. 

Looks like undercards will be strong but this lineup could look similar to 2017 .. that had 100k visitors less than 2018. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, activean said:

Can't swallow so fast the fact are paying big money for someone like Katy Perry . How old is targeting audience, 15? 

Don't want to insult anyone but out of all possible names in music industry how can she be huge headliner? I really don't see her as quality act, Witness was a disaster, Witness: The Tour not really sold out etc .. 

Looks like undercards will be strong but this lineup could look similar to 2017 .. that had 100k visitors less than 2018. 

Nobody here did ever confirm that Katy Perry is coming. 

Somebody wrote that She could be possibility based on age hint, and everybody took it for granted. 

I dont think shes the Female headliner. 

35 minutes ago, activean said:

The possibilities isolated from the hints are the following: Adele, Katy Perry, Beyoncé, Britney Spears (three returning acts are Shawn Mendes, Kings of Leon and Calvin Harris, hence Lana del Rey is excluded).

Ruled out Britney Spears, as that would be a meme booking (she was playing minor festivals in Belgium in 2018), the three possibilities left are good for the most part, and given the shape of the lineup I am more susceptible to think it is Beyoncé, rather than Katy Perry.

Not that I give a heck, 'cause I will go for a three days around Eminem and Foals whatsoever, but I think that sticking with the worst case scenario (Katy Perry) will leave anybody less disgusted if the booking turns out to be another (and hence, a better booking).

EDIT: Also, for as much as I like to moan about the 2017 lineup, I have to give it to them that the A38 that year was probably the best in years taken as a whole, and there were loads of worthy unercards. For what concern the failure of the edition, it was due to the lack of greatness in the names, with only Pink being worth the mention. If this year collects Eminem, one of those singers listed above, Shawn Mendes and Kings of Leon (second biggest name in 2015), it will be a success whatever the effort in the rest of the lineup

Edited by Yelo, the Parmiggiana

38 minutes ago, lukatej said:

Nobody here did ever confirm that Katy Perry is coming. 

Somebody wrote that She could be possibility based on age hint, and everybody took it for granted. 

I dont think shes the Female headliner. 

There's a Polish dude who might have leaked her, that's why we think it could be her.

19 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

The possibilities isolated from the hints are the following: Adele, Katy Perry, Beyoncé, Britney Spears (three returning acts are Shawn Mendes, Kings of Leon and Calvin Harris, hence Lana del Rey is excluded).

This is the full list, actually: Beyonce, Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj, Christina Aguilera, Alicia Keys, Kelly Clarkson, Britney Spears, Leona Lewis, Kesha, Avril Lavigne, Paramore / Hayley Williams. Adele isn't in the mix because she is younger than Lizzo, not older.

Edited by #1SzigetFan

8 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

There's a Polish dude who might have leaked her, that's why we think it could be her.

This is the full list, actually: Beyonce, Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj, Christina Aguilera, Alicia Keys, Kelly Clarkson, Britney Spears, Leona Lewis, Kesha, Avril Lavigne, Paramore / Hayley Williams. Adele isn't in the mix because she is younger than Lizzo, not older.

Deos this Polish Guy have some solid background? As his leak came right after Katy Perry has been mentioned here several Times. 

I still believe there Will be someone like Alicia Keys which is active during this summer. 

Personally want Miley or Taylor, but they are too Young for trh clues.