Legend Slot 2020

Hugh Jass

18 minutes ago, priest17 said:

ya boi smashed it back in the day.

Look how much space we all had! They should put football on more often, Pyramids a nightmare these days.

Well I've seen worse on the pyramid, at least he kept his crowd and didn't have a mass migration three songs in like Radiohead.

More room.to dance and sing, less sweaty, sounds good to me.

1 minute ago, chatty said:

Well I've seen worse on the pyramid, at least he kept his crowd and didn't have a mass migration three songs in like Radiohead.

More room.to dance and sing, less sweaty, sounds good to me.

I'm sure if Jack Johnson was playing after Radiohead they'd have kept people watching as well to be fair

1 minute ago, priest17 said:

I'm sure if Jack Johnson was playing after Radiohead they'd have kept people watching as well to be fair

Tbf I would have waited to see one of the greatest heavyweights of all time rise from the dead. If we can get him to fight one of the top Cruiserweights of today then that'll clear up a few ongoing arguments on the boxing forum about modern nutrician and the how much humans athleticism has evolved in 100 years.

14 hours ago, chatty said:

Tbf I would have waited to see one of the greatest heavyweights of all time rise from the dead. If we can get him to fight one of the top Cruiserweights of today then that'll clear up a few ongoing arguments on the boxing forum about modern nutrician and the how much humans athleticism has evolved in 100 years.

If that's happening, why not get the whole thing soundtracked by Miles Davis and band.

I saw Barry Manilow on his Last Ever Tour last year and he dueted Mandy with...HIMSELF. Personally I think he's a good shout although I don't know if he's allowed out in the daylight. His walk on music was Born Slippy.

Another name just occurred to me, who's been annoyingly absent from the Festival and the UK this year despite being in Europe and the dates making sense -

John Fogerty.

I know he played before, but that was 12 years ago, and while he may not be as recognisable a name as Kylie or Dolly it'd be a genuinely fantastic set and people definitely know the songs even if they don't know the man.

Edited by incident
  • Upvote 1

On 7/4/2019 at 4:17 PM, gigpusher said:

And we hope that never happens!! 

Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott would be a good legends slot. Lots of singalong hits.

Although they have got a lot of songs, I don't think they're household names enough for the legend slot.  Especially for the 50th.

On 7/4/2019 at 4:38 PM, gigpusher said:

Ray Davies on his own is still my favourite legends slot. I'm sure adding more to the stage wouldn't make them worse. His slot was incredibly crowd pleasing and still one of my best Glastonbury moments. I often still put on Days on YouTube as one of my favourite ever Glastonbury moments. 

Watching that on TV was one of the moments that made me think "I want to be there".  That and Chic.

11 hours ago, incident said:

Another name just occurred to me, who's been annoyingly absent from the Festival and the UK this year despite being in Europe and the dates making sense -

John Fogerty.

I know he played before, but that was 12 years ago, and while he may not be as recognisable a name as Kylie or Dolly it'd be a genuinely fantastic set and people definitely know the songs even if they don't know the man.

This is the first suggestion that has got me excited, I'd love a bit of Proud Mary on a Sunday afternoon. 

16 hours ago, incident said:

people definitely know the songs even if they don't know the man.

You've given your own reason why they shouldn't give him the legend slot.

Though put him on the Pyramid by all means. Willie Nelson, Kriss Kristofferson, BB King, Jackson Browne, CSN, Don McLean have all played it in recentish years and The Fog is more in keeping with that sort of group.

Diana Ross.

She'd have more hits than anyone available bar Elton. In fact, she'd have more than anyone else that has ever done it barring maybe #rightbazza

Anyone else is playing second fiddle.

My choices

1. Diana Ross 

2.  Billy Joel

(Tina Turner would be amazing too - IF she's up to it) I am discounting Cher due to $$$$

Edited by FuzzyDunlop
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Diana Ross.

She'd have more hits than anyone available bar Elton. In fact, she'd have more than anyone else that has ever done it barring maybe #rightbazza

Anyone else is playing second fiddle.

My choices

1. Diana Ross 

2.  Billy Joel

(Tina Turner would be amazing too - IF she's up to it) I am discounting Cher due to $$$$

Is the correct answer. Have a gold star