The Killers

jparx

18 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I was just thinking the same yesterday! Quite relaxed now about missing out on acts I'd normally go see in the past.

I saw them in Coventry last tour which was superb  so I'm not in desperate need. I am a bit older now too so life priorities change as well. I'm not settling down, but a house and building the future, visiting places in the world are a higher priority.

3 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I was just thinking the same yesterday! Quite relaxed now about missing out on acts I'd normally go see in the past.

Yeah the 90's/00's were a goldmine for seeing bands who would go on to be massive for pennies. I paid seven quid to see Killers in Birmingham Academy 2 about 20 years ago, six for Arctic Monkeys in the same venue, four quid for Kasabian.... three future Glasto headliners for under 20 quid.

One hundred pound for the O2 is insane.

11 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Yeah the 90's/00's were a goldmine for seeing bands who would go on to be massive for pennies. I paid seven quid to see Killers in Birmingham Academy 2 about 20 years ago, six for Arctic Monkeys in the same venue, four quid for Kasabian.... three future Glasto headliners for under 20 quid.

One hundred pound for the O2 is insane.

When the blink 182 tour got announced my first thought was robbing bast**ds, but really it was just the first of many.

A quick look and the killers don't seem to be flying out the door, I would be tempted with Travis as support, but a ton for a midweek gig is ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Sparticus said:

When the blink 182 tour got announced my first thought was robbing bast**ds, but really it was just the first of many.

A quick look and the killers don't seem to be flying out the door, I would be tempted with Travis as support, but a ton for a midweek gig is ridiculous.

As I said earlier Muse were charging similar to The Killers too.

Seems stadium bands have twigged that they can charge three figures for arena shows.

Yeah, i cant countenance spending £100 on a gig ticket, even if i love the band. The o2 is a crap venue - they could convince me to pay £100 if its a 'stadium' band playing somewhere smaller and good, brighton dome or brixton academy etc, cos that has the right combination of sound, venue, size, accessibility - but there's just nothing good about the o2 or the outdoor stadium nonsenses we get every summer and i'm just plain not shelling out that much. Would far rather see smaller bands in smaller, more intimate venues. 

This is basically the pyramid vs park/woodsies/truth stage headliner argument, but in the real world 😄

So they've added a fifth o2 on the Wednesday but really only the Friday and Saturday have sold well. 

Reckon there will be some cheap Twickets tickets for the midweek ones for sure the days before. 

Added Manchester too so there will be cheap tickets going for those midweeks. 

Edited by briddj

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

As I said earlier Muse were charging similar to The Killers too.

Seems stadium bands have twigged that they can charge three figures for arena shows.

Yes. In unsurprising news the big artists such as Muse, Coldplay, Killers, Elton, Swift, Madonna et al have realised they can charge more and people will still pay....

6 hours ago, briddj said:

So they've added a fifth o2 on the Wednesday but really only the Friday and Saturday have sold well. 

Reckon there will be some cheap Twickets tickets for the midweek ones for sure the days before. 

Added Manchester too so there will be cheap tickets going for those midweeks. 

I wouldn't be surprised if these sold out if they were cheaper. Looking at the grid for Manchester, the £50s/75s are largely gone but those "Best seat" VIP packages that are regular seats at well over £200 are still largely available, which to me looks bananas that this seemed like a good idea.

5 hours ago, Nestacres said:

Yes. In unsurprising news the big artists such as Muse, Coldplay, Killers, Elton, Swift, Madonna et al have realised they can charge more and people will still pay....

Makes me feel old that my first ticket to see The Killers in 2009 was about £35. Even seeing a rise from paying £75 for their 2022 stadium show is wild.