The Killers

jparx

8 hours ago, northernangel said:

I think with the size of Glastonbury to say a band like The Killers playing a possible 3rd down position can f**k right off says more about you being the issue than them.

Oh no, now you’ve hurt my feelings 😂

17 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

Yeah I think you’re right. Full album shows are largely for hardcore fans, not so much a casual Glastonbury crowd who won’t care much about half the album, especially if they’re doing a secret set. If The Killers play I imagine it’ll just be a straight hits set (so basically half of Hot Fuss and then some others). 

Certainly I remember seeing Muse do Origin of Symmetry in full at Reading 2011 and while the crowd was swelled up by Muse day-trippers, I am aware of some casuals hearing stuff like Space Dementia or Micro Cuts going "... sorry, what?"

I can guess Glastonbury, which has even less day tickets, might be a more difficult place to try. Though you imagine there'll be some there who are up for stuff like On Top or Midnight Show.

Somebody on their Reddit suggested they should try and do an "on the day" show at Dublin Castle in Camden, where they did their first ever UK show in September 2003. That would be cool, if also impossible to get tickets for.

12 minutes ago, charlierc said:

People were annoyed by the price of their July Rebel Diamonds shows but might as well throw in seeing that some GA tickets to the Vegas shows were $300 (currently around £235).

But then maybe this is normal for Vegas? I dunno

For Vegas it's cheap. Gaga and Adele were in the £500+ category

On 1/23/2024 at 4:20 PM, Franco Baresi said:

Primal Scream did the Screamadelica album in full in 2011 to mark 30 years on the Other Stage in heavy rain.

Was the best i've seen them on the farm, which in truth has been a mixed bag of performances to say the least.

2005?

Maybe my hopes of a Hot Fuss show run high since any other set would likely be close to a carbon copy of the 2017 secret show. Save tossing out The Man for Caution, it might be near-identical. 

But then, that's my personal preference. It's otherwise all killer, little filler.

On 1/24/2024 at 8:47 PM, Wooderson said:

2005?

2005 they were on the pyramid on the sunday night, was meant to be before Kylie but ended up being before Basement Jaxx. It was, er, mixed. Musically good, but Bobby had a good old moan at the crowd thinking that they might have wanted to watch Kylie, classic him being a prick basically.

Its worth watching them just cos either itll be a great gig, or an absolutely unmissable car crash 😄 

On 1/23/2024 at 4:20 PM, Franco Baresi said:

Primal Scream did the Screamadelica album in full in 2011 to mark 30 years on the Other Stage in heavy rain.

Was the best i've seen them on the farm, which in truth has been a mixed bag of performances to say the least.

2022 on the John Peel Stage was one of, if not the worst, Glastonbury performance I've ever seen

If not Hot Fuss and instead third down on the Pyramid for something else, then let's have...

Mr. Brightside
Jenny Was a Friend of Mine
The Man
Spaceman
Somebody Told Me
Spirit
Human
Runaways
Read My Mind
10 Caution
11 All These Things That I've Done
12 When You Were Young

Basically takes all its picks from Rebel Diamonds, and cuts most of the latter-day material. It's not necessarily as strong as it could be, but it's got a few differences in order and shape from the 2017 secret slot and 2019 headline slot.

On 1/24/2024 at 8:30 PM, Nestacres said:

For Vegas it's cheap. Gaga and Adele were in the £500+ category

Saw a fan on their Reddit saying that tickets they were looking at were now topping $1000 thanks to that bloody dynamic pricing thing. That sounds like Vegas alright. 

Though clearly some people are willing to fork it out. One mega-fan I follow on Instagram has brought tickets to 4 of their Vegas shows.