The Killers

jparx

While this is here, saw them for the first time at Emirates about a month today. Second best live set i've ever seen behind only Chems at Latitude last year. Fantastic setlist, played everything i could ask for and would love to see them on the farm. Long overdue a R&L return too - no idea why they haven't been booked for like 15 years now!

29 minutes ago, gfa said:

While this is here, saw them for the first time at Emirates about a month today. Second best live set i've ever seen behind only Chems at Latitude last year. Fantastic setlist, played everything i could ask for and would love to see them on the farm. Long overdue a R&L return too - no idea why they haven't been booked for like 15 years now!

Did you do the first or second night? The presence of My God on a handful of setlists that were not my own made me froth a bit. 

2 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Did you do the first or second night? The presence of My God on a handful of setlists that were not my own made me froth a bit. 

Second night. was very happy got the man, the way it was and miss atomic bomb vs the standard setlist. lost jenny was a friend of mine though unfortunately. neither night had my god

Could have sworn I'd seen footage of My God from one of the nights at the Emirates. Either way, an absolute tune.

Get raked over coals for this a bit, but Battle Born might be my favourite of the albums - and its title track is the one I'd most like to hear live that I haven't already. Believe Brandon Flowers carries a degree of old shame about much of the material there, that included - though heard plenty of their crew miss hearing them, intriguingly, while Bruce Springsteen professed a love for it too.

• 1 year later...
On 8/16/2023 at 9:31 AM, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

Thought it was a bit tone-deaf but some people are acting as if he walked out on stage draped in a Russian flag and spent the entire set saying he hated Georgia. People on the internet nowadays seem almost incapable of taking a step back from a situation, and instead choose to immediately go for the pitchforks.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, K2SO said:

Thought it was a bit tone-deaf but some people are acting as if he walked out on stage draped in a Russian flag and spent the entire set saying he hated Georgia. People on the internet nowadays seem almost incapable of taking a step back from a situation, and instead choose to immediately go for the pitchforks.

Aside from people on the internet, the people who were there in person appear to have been quite offended too.

13 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Watching the Reading set on iPlayer and it’s good - just a fun, reliable headliner now.

Have they been doing the picking out a ‘random’ kid (plant) from the audience to play drums throughout this tour? Just seems so lazy…

They've done it for a while now at most of their shows.

They aren't plants they've had some shocking drummers come up!

1 hour ago, KJP98 said:

They've done it for a while now at most of their shows.

They aren't plants they've had some shocking drummers come up!

Yeah they brought one up at Lollapalooza Paris 5 years ago when I went and my first thought was "I haven't played drums in 3 years and probably could do better"

I thought the drummer did really well last night, well enough for me to wonder if it was set up but I’m glad to hear it’s not the case. I’m working at Reading and thought the whole performance was great. Still heavily dependent on Hot Fuss of course.

As an aside, I’ve enjoyed the festival way more than I was expecting to, no serious trouble (so far) and the kids (yes they all look incredibly young to me) look to be having the time of their lives.

Really enjoyed watching The Killers on iPlayer last night. I thought they were on top form and the audience were great. They were just really into it. Singing along with the band and have the best time. Was really good to see.

How long it might be until they're back is a more pertinent question...

Full piece, as is often the way, got copy/pasted to Reddit, saying that they've scrapped a new album they had been working on and Brandon Flowers is wondering whether he wants to start making more stripped-back fare similar to Pressure Machine.

It is also noteworthy that in the interviews done for the new song that came out on Friday, Flowers said a big announcement is being made in a few weeks that he can't give too much away regarding just yet.

38 minutes ago, charlierc said:

How long it might be until they're back is a more pertinent question...

Full piece, as is often the way, got copy/pasted to Reddit, saying that they've scrapped a new album they had been working on and Brandon Flowers is wondering whether he wants to start making more stripped-back fare similar to Pressure Machine.

It is also noteworthy that in the interviews done for the new song that came out on Friday, Flowers said a big announcement is being made in a few weeks that he can't give too much away regarding just yet.

There's a rumour they are doing the Superbowl half time show, so that could be the announcement. They won't be back at Glastonbury for a long time.

18 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

There's a rumour they are doing the Superbowl half time show, so that could be the announcement. They won't be back at Glastonbury for a long time.

After Reading that I doubt they will be doing it ever again. It sounds very much like he does it because it makes money but he wants to quiter life now.

They always put a good show on but my unintended golden circle coventry gig isn't going to be beaten for me.

20 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I have heard this rumour too, yes, which makes sense given the Superbowl is in Las Vegas this year. Though surely the catch-22 is that the big nature of doing that show is that it'll raise demand to carry on touring those songs.

On a similar topic I thought The Killers would do something around the Las Vegas Grand Prix given F1 is bringing that in, but curiously they're doing their Texas race instead. Or at least are at time of posting.

6 hours ago, charlierc said:

I have heard this rumour too, yes, which makes sense given the Superbowl is in Las Vegas this year. Though surely the catch-22 is that the big nature of doing that show is that it'll raise demand to carry on touring those songs.

On a similar topic I thought The Killers would do something around the Las Vegas Grand Prix given F1 is bringing that in, but curiously they're doing their Texas race instead. Or at least are at time of posting.

I'm sure Brandon will do them for a vegas payday

10 hours ago, northernangel said:

After Reading that I doubt they will be doing it ever again. It sounds very much like he does it because it makes money but he wants to quiter life now.

They always put a good show on but my unintended golden circle coventry gig isn't going to be beaten for me.

They still tour very extensively for wanting the quieter life imo

7 hours ago, charlierc said:

They have done lots of F1 stuff in the past - i'd think maybe they wouldn't book the same act for two races in one year maybe?