Staying up

BAKE

7 minutes ago, jonnyisRFC said:

Stay sober until 9/10pm then hit the cider and whiskey and coke. The sugar and caffeine will help! 

This is true. I was up all night on high quality whisky cider at the weekend! 

1 hour ago, fred quimby said:

often find when I am down there that is it. I go the Monday before and always say I will have a couple of early nights. But by the time I have had food then out for just a few beers with mates it quickly becomes 1am

The number of times when 1 or 2 drinks turn into a big session because you're not looking at the time.

Thanks for all the tips! Fartsauce wins ?

Looks like a planned late night is a good idea. Sleep in (or just lie there awake resting), no drink til after dinner, eat well, minimal walking around. Then get on the coffee at around 10 and power/drink through the sleepiness.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Early evening power nap, water, shower and a coffee. 

This sounds like a good plan. I'm working at the festival midnight Sunday on the last day till to 8am Monday and don't want to miss too much so it'll be back for an early evening power nap a wash and a ton of coffee. At least I can sleep after my shift whilst everybody is going home and hopefully the roads will be a bit quieter then. ?

One of our group doesn't use any "assistance" and he manages to go through to dawn or thereabouts most nights with the rest of us. On the booze front he'll switch from beers to rum at about 10/11ish and then alternate between caffeine (espresso or a diet coke mixer for the rum) and sugar as a little pick me up when needed. So it might be coffee time at 10pm then smashing a bag of Haribo at midnight. He tends to always have a second dinner as well which I think really helps with 'proper' energy once you've had a certain amount of caffeine.

• Upvote 1

Glastonbury is the one place I can stay up all day and all night for the entire time. I think the key is to not be far from music you actually like, that tends to keep me stimulated.

A snooze would be the absolute worst thing for me, if I’ve been drinking and I succumb to a nap that’s game over. I’m never the same when I wake up.

Don't tank it first thing. For me we have a couple of beers or three first thing in the morning to get you mellow, then just pace yourself with a beer or two each hour thereafter. You're always in a mellow, happy mood, and you're not too wasted to wear yourself out. Mellow is the place to be.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Best thing I did to stay up late was make sure I got a good night sleep when I did sleep.  So comfy bed, ear plugs, eye mask, warmth. 

Making sure the hours you get are true sleep makes a world of difference... That and glamping at the pop up hotel....

I get up early nowadays. Circa 5am, so planning on adjusting my rhythm in the run up... Where I can 

Biggest one for me is knowing what I want to see or do. If I just leave the wandering to chance I'll invariably get bored, and once that happens its sleepy time.

Based on what worked at FIB I'm gonna say a lie in, easy start, lay off the booze until 6ish, and get a rotation of one round booze, one round of red bull and a bottle of water to keep you going. And food.

56 minutes ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

Wait wait wait...  This can't go unchallenged without explanation... 

Nappy night? 

They did a club night for 14-16’s. All you could get away with was fags, red bull and maybe a bit of weed. Was the number 1 club in the UK once apon a time ?

17 minutes ago, Quark said:

Biggest one for me is knowing what I want to see or do. If I just leave the wandering to chance I'll invariably get bored, and once that happens its sleepy time.

Based on what worked at FIB I'm gonna say a lie in, easy start, lay off the booze until 6ish, and get a rotation of one round booze, one round of red bull and a bottle of water to keep you going. And food.

Laying off the drink til 6 is a nice idea but I always need a cure just so I'm not sitting about with a horrendous hangover thinking about drinking.