Cabaret Field bar, Wednesday 6pm: eFestivals meet (2019 edition)

eFestivals

On 5/22/2019 at 7:39 AM, hfuhruhurr said:

Will hopefully make it, usually at Mik Artistik on the bandstand at 6:30 and will then attempt to stagger over. In previous years my adult children have persuaded me "don't meet online people in real life", but this year I'll deffo try harder.

Are your adult children from the past?

• Upvote 1

I'd like to say that I would get along to it as I have been meaning to the last two (2016 traffic ruined that. 2017 i was spangled at the cider bus in the sun) however I have friends attending their first Glastonbury arriving late that afternoon and they have asked me to show them around the site that evening so I will have to be fluid with my plans. However if we walk by I may have to pop in even if it may be hard to explain to them that I need to say hello to an amazing online community. 

*I have mentioned this site a few times especially when I forward on any info so it shouldn't really be a surprise to them! 

2 hours ago, Doug85 said:

I have friends attending their first Glastonbury arriving late that afternoo

I've made it clear to the newbies that I'll be going....plan to herd them into the adjacent area and let them join in or do there own thing nearby. Bought one of them along to the Boomtown meetup and she had a great time, so is keen. Luckily they're all arriving early doors though, so we'll have done a lot of exploring beforehand ?

I say this every year, but I will try to make it. Have walked past a couple of times and chickened out! Just me and the bloke arriving on the Wednesday and will definitely want a good long wander around to see all the changes first so may try to finish up at the R and F. I've met loads of online people before, including my partner and some of my best mates, but there's something about the big numbers all together that seems daunting. Mind you this forum has been a big part of my life for years so it's about time really.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I say this every year, but I will try to make it. Have walked past a couple of times and chickened out! Just me and the bloke arriving on the Wednesday and will definitely want a good long wander around to see all the changes first so may try to finish up at the R and F. I've met loads of online people before, including my partner and some of my best mates, but there's something about the big numbers all together that seems daunting. Mind you this forum has been a big part of my life for years so it's about time really.

I know exactly what you mean. I feel nervous to come, even though I am mostly an extrovert, a former actor and have no issue speaking in front of loads of people. It is nervewracking walking into a group for the first time. I’m going to do it though, even if I leave my lot to finish setting up camp, because there’s definitely people I want to say hello to - including you ?

• Upvote 1

Just now, ravermum said:

I know exactly what you mean. I feel nervous to come, even though I am mostly an extrovert, a former actor and have no issue speaking in front of loads of people. It is nervewracking walking into a group for the first time. I’m going to do it though, even if I leave my lot to finish setting up camp, because there’s definitely people I want to say hello to - including you ?

Ah that's nice - totally agree and back at you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

After all these years I still find it a bit daunting, but it's always fine.  As 'the' wife I get plonked on a bench somewhere, (ahem) with or without stickers?  Esteemed husband is always the centre of activity and off he goes.  Most people are trashed and talk utter bollox, but everyone is really welcoming, and it's always a real treat to read this thread when we all get back.  Also it is 'interesting' to put faces to names, always surprises there.  Come, you won't regret it....I promise. ?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Kizzie said:

After all these years I still find it a bit daunting, but it's always fine.  As 'the' wife I get plonked on a bench somewhere, (ahem) with or without stickers?  Esteemed husband is always the centre of activity and off he goes.  Most people are trashed and talk utter bollox, but everyone is really welcoming, and it's always a real treat to read this thread when we all get back.  Also it is 'interesting' to put faces to names, always surprises there.  Come, you won't regret it....I promise. ?

Thank you. I may well do just that :)

2 minutes ago, Kizzie said:

She's coming. I'll find her and bring her along. ?  @ravermum can meet you as well beforehand and go together. X

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ravermum said:

Do come, @ravermum

Just look for me/ask someone to point me out and I promise to come and talk to you! I’m never good when I first meet people, but know enough people now to be very happy at the meet and can chaperone you!

:)

Ben x