The Chemical Brothers 2019

FloorFiller

19 minutes ago, Homer said:

Just realised, should be pretty easy to get a good spot for the Chems, being that surely anyone who really like The Courteeners will no doubt be having their mind blown by the mediocrity fest that is the LG/Killers on The Pyramid. Meaning it'll probably just be you and I at The Courteeners (and I'll only be there for the end at that!).

There is going to be a massive flow of people who go Marr > Liam > Courteeners > Killers

In fact I'm pretty certain the reason that Courteeners are only doing a 45-minute set as Other sub is to give the Mancs time to flood back round from the Pyramid and not miss anything, with Liam finishing at 8.30.

14 minutes ago, briddj said:

There is going to be a massive flow of people who go Marr > Liam > Courteeners > Killers

In fact I'm pretty certain the reason that Courteeners are only doing a 45-minute set as Other sub is to give the Mancs time to flood back round from the Pyramid and not miss anything, with Liam finishing at 8.30.

I reckon, when push comes to shove, the lure of being lightly closer to The Killers when Liam comes on shitfaced, swears at everyone, forgets to actually sing anything then staggers off stage will be just too much for some.

12 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Ah Liam is on a charm offensive these days. I reckon he'll behave himself. Im opting for the chems over hot chip now. I know the songs better and I can't be arsed trying to get bits of both. 

Hot Chip have stopped doing Dancing in the Dark too - which was the highlight.

22 hours ago, nikkic said:

Their set at APE was the best I’ve ever seen them. 

So good that we’re considering seeing them again at Glasto and sacking off Hot Chip. 

Still a tough call for me, will probably decide on the night. 

Aye. 

99% sure I'm going to end up at Chems off the back of that. Missing Hot Chip will hurt though :(

2 hours ago, TomViolence said:

Aye. 

99% sure I'm going to end up at Chems off the back of that. Missing Hot Chip will hurt though :(

In 2015 I watched them at Glasto and then at Besitval. The second time was just as good as the first, didn't diminish at all.

7 hours ago, TomViolence said:

Aye. 

Hot Chip finishing later doesn’t help the cause, will be nigh on impossible to get into the SE corner if we see them. 

Chems then Bicep at The Gas Tower for me.

Might buy HC tickets for Ally Pally to ease the pain. 

44 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Hot Chip finishing later doesn’t help the cause, will be nigh on impossible to get into the SE corner if we see them. 

Do you think I will I be able to to make it for Haai at 2am if I go to hot chip?

7 hours ago, stocky3000 said:

Do you think I will I be able to to make it for Haai at 2am if I go to hot chip?

I think that would be OK. 

Bicep are on at 1am and I don’t think we’ll make that, but I’d be confident if we had the extra hour. 

Still can't stop listening to the new album! Not surprised they have been put up against The Killers and Hot Chip otherwise surely everyone at the festival would be at the Other Stage on Saturday night. I've seen them three times but its gonna be even more of a spectacle at Glastonbury. Feel like its gonna be a really special gig, especially with this new album and hopefully the visuals are better than ever!

On 6/10/2019 at 8:53 PM, nikkic said:

Chems > Bicep @ Gas Tower > HAAi @ Genosys

Hot Chip @ Ally Pally

That's my plan.

8 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

Expecting to get sidetracked on route to Bicep due to keeping group together/SE crowds/having to drag my jaw behind me after Chems, but this is my plan too as it stands. Getting tingles just thinking about how good this Chems set is gonna be.

17 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

Hot Chip @ Ally Pally

That's my plan.

I'm going for Chems but then thought the trek down to gas tower immediately after headliners finish on main stages might be a total nightmare. Probably be loads of scary young people down there too. 

Just now, gherkin8r said:

I'm going for Chems but then thought the trek down to gas tower immediately after headliners finish on main stages might be a total nightmare. Probably be loads of scary young people down there too. 

I've just accepted that it'll be Fatboy Slim/EE for me, as Arcadia makes sense after Other. Annoying as I would have much preferred Carl Cox or Andy C!

1 minute ago, gherkin8r said:

I’ll probably stand to the right of the stage and leave as they start Block Rocking Beats. 

Should be able to get in if we’re quick .