The Chemical Brothers 2019

FloorFiller

20 minutes ago, briddj said:

I think this is the case too....

Though I really don't think you need to be TOO near the front for Chems.

Yep I don't care about being right at the front, just as long as we're hanging out with the dancers instead of the talkers...! I'm hoping for an LCD 2016 experience but that might be wishful thinking...

1 hour ago, ilovelanegan said:

Yep I don't care about being right at the front, just as long as we're hanging out with the dancers instead of the talkers...! I'm hoping for an LCD 2016 experience but that might be wishful thinking...

Saw Chems on Other in 2015, stood mid/back and if my memory serves me correctly the whole field was both rammed and bouncing. By headliner time (and especially with something as hard hitting as a Chems set) I think most people are ready to bop rather than talk. 

Really looking forward to their set this year, helped tremendously by the fact the new album is an absolute ripper and I welcome as much as they like in the setlist (but get We’ve Got to Try in there especially ffs lads).

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Saw Chems on Other in 2015, stood mid/back and if my memory serves me correctly the whole field was both rammed and bouncing. By headliner time (and especially with something as hard hitting as a Chems set) I think most people are ready to bop rather than talk. 

Really looking forward to their set this year, helped tremendously by the fact the new album is an absolute ripper and I welcome as much as they like in the setlist (but get We’ve Got to Try in there especially ffs lads).

This all sounds very promising

18 minutes ago, Homer said:

Shit the fucking bed - this shizzle is getting real:

Goosebumps. This is going to be so good. They’re on fire at the moment. Their Instagram, and the ones for the people who design their shows, are full of new, exciting things coming our way. Can’t wait. Really can’t ?

1 minute ago, ravermum said:

Goosebumps. This is going to be so good. They’re on fire at the moment. Their Instagram, and the ones for the people who design their shows, are full of new, exciting things coming our way. Can’t wait. Really can’t ?

Love how Star Guitar manages to convey so much emotion (for me personally) for an electronic piece of music. Also, I never tire of hearing it, it still sounds 'fresh', which is the sign (to me) of an amazing tune (see also The Staunton Lick by Lemon Jelly for all of the above).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zeppelin said:

It's going to be the set of the weekend. No doubt about it in my mind. 

I can't believe anyone is not going. I remember in 2004, the only three of us who went to the Chems having a group hug and saying we couldn't believe the rest of our group were all at Oasis. And this was obviously before it came out that Oasis were fucking diabolical that night.

1 hour ago, zeppelin said:

It's going to be the set of the weekend. No doubt about it in my mind. 

+1 for this.

There’s never a bad Chem’s gig and the guys are on fire at the moment. It’s going to be absolutely incredible.

Can. Not. Wait.

8 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Their set at APE was the best I’ve ever seen them. 

So good that we’re considering seeing them again at Glasto and sacking off Hot Chip. 

Still a tough call for me, will probably decide on the night. 

Same. Will 100% start with Chems though.....

15 minutes ago, briddj said:

Same. Will 100% start with Chems though.....

I rate the first half of the Chems set better. You will miss the robots in the 2nd half however. 

Think I’ll have good intentions to leave to Hot Chip, then be having such a blast I won’t leave. 

44 minutes ago, mpdow2 said:

I rate the first half of the Chems set better. You will miss the robots in the 2nd half however. 

Think I’ll have good intentions to leave to Hot Chip, then be having such a blast I won’t leave. 

I think this will happen too.

4 minutes ago, Homer said:

Does it make me a bad person that I might turn up for the end of The Courteeners just to hear Not 19 Forever (I actually really like that song)?

Against the flood of negativity, I don't mind them and will be singing along too.

1 minute ago, briddj said:

Against the flood of negativity, I don't mind them and will be singing along too.

Just realised, should be pretty easy to get a good spot for the Chems, being that surely anyone who really like The Courteeners will no doubt be having their mind blown by the mediocrity fest that is the LG/Killers on The Pyramid. Meaning it'll probably just be you and I at The Courteeners (and I'll only be there for the end at that!).