2020 headliners

jj200

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I feel the only sceptical people at this point are those who don’t want it to be Taylor and Kendrick. 

Not at all, although neither hold much appeal for me.  Any scepticism on my part is just because it's only November, and to have everything not only booked by EE but also heading into the public domain is just too...clean.

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I feel the only sceptical people at this point are those who don’t want it to be Taylor and Kendrick. 

Not going to lie this is me, not because they don't deserve it because they are all huge, I would just like a headliner I can be excited for, for my first Glasto, but as everyone has said it's not all about the headliners so I can't be too mad

6 minutes ago, Quark said:

Not at all, although neither hold much appeal for me.  Any scepticism on my part is just because it's only November, and to have everything not only booked by EE but also heading into the public domain is just too...clean.

I know it’s common that sorting three Glastonbury headliners is a mess but we have had years like 2016 and 2017 where the three headliners were clearly sorted before the end of the previous year.

I think in 2016 a daily mail article disclosed the three headliners in December. 2017 the headliners were clearly sorted early on but didn’t really leak until the new year.

edit: Also with Kenny, Paul and Taylor being made bookies favourite a while ago - I reckon there was some insider betting around October which proved true.

Edited by Matt42

11 minutes ago, Baz178 said:

To say you don’t like them seem to know there names ??

Anyone with any interest in rock music over the last 25 years knows Flea but that doesn't mean they like RHCP.

Edited by stuie

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I was initially sceptical because I didn’t want my hopes crushed but P.Mac and Lammo headlining the same year is fairytale stuff; two of my top three picks for headliners for any year. And we have the added bonus of Creed with crabs leaving the frame as quickly as they slapped their way into it. Hurrah.

Anyone got the Dental translator handy? Appear to have mislaid mine.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

Ok, so I may have been too hasty in my assessment of Kendrick (ie 0% chance of seeing him).

Half way through his Reading set from 2018 and I could easily get on board this train. YAH and Swimming Pools are solid tunes, the rest would be good under the stars on Pyramid. 

Swimming Pools is in my top 5 songs of the decade. What a tune.

Kendrick, Macca, Swifty and add in Diana Ross the legend. That’s four incredible diverse headline grabbing bookings. And don’t forget the hint from EE that the other stage will have pyramid sized acts as well. Surely enough there to excite the most cynical and hard to please amongst us?  

Are the people who aren’t into Kendrick or are amazed by people that are even into Hip Hop? I can’t accept anyone’s into Hip Hop who isn’t even a casual fan.

If your answer to any Hip Hop artist is are they big enough/do they deserve to headline Glastonbury that’s saying more about your limited tastes than the artists in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Baz178 said:

Because other people keep bringing it up now I already said I was wrong ! 

Ah I see the problem here.  Admitting error or killing a rumour with facts does absolutely nothing to stop the conversations about it.

Just when you think a conversation thread has died out, some fucker will be catching up on the site and post a reply to something you said a month ago and the whole jolly shebang starts again :D

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

Kendrick, Macca, Swifty and add in Diana Ross the legend. That’s four incredible diverse headline grabbing bookings. And don’t forget the hint from EE that the other stage will have pyramid sized acts as well. Surely enough there to excite the most cynical and hard to please amongst us?  

It's going to be a Clashterfuck this year, I can feel it.