2020 headliners

jj200

My pyramid times.... 

2016- Adele and Coldplay 

2017- half of Radiohead, 20 mins of Foos

2019- 20 mins of The Cure

So I'm about 3/9 for time spent, 5/9 for views

This year I'm likely going to be 3/3 on the pyramid but now I'm scared of what theyve pulled out for the 50th and some insane clashes could sway me elsewhere. 

44 minutes ago, Rubber Soldier said:

Ha, no bitching. It’s just a pet hate of mine. It’s a strange American thing, “Rage Against the Machine is playing Glastonbury”. No. They’re a band, not a single person. They are playing. 

Fucking hear hear. "Manchester United is doing poor at the moment". Infuriating.

While I'm at it, is everyone on earth just OK with the word TEXTED being used? "He texted me". Fucking what? TEXT works fine.

Also fuck Rage clashing with Macca.

Edited by Stokesy10

40 minutes ago, Rubber Soldier said:

Ha, no bitching. It’s just a pet hate of mine. It’s a strange American thing, “Rage Against the Machine is playing Glastonbury”. No. They’re a band, not a single person. They are playing. 

It’s not an American thing. It’s a grammar thing. A band is an entity. A singular thing. 

I posted this in the RATM thread but the follower count on the RATM screenshot is at 266k which, according to Social Blade, was their follower count on Friday so the screenshot must’ve been from that day if real. Seems suspicious that this wasn’t reported until now.

I’m going with fake. Wasn’t the rumor that they’re were only doing the US anyways? Also, the Trump picture seems too on the nose. Looks like something Green Day would use, not RATM.

Edited by ticklemeelmo
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ticklemeelmo said:

I posted this in the RATM thread but the follower count on the RATM screenshot is at 266k which, according to Social Blade, was their follower count on Friday so the screenshot must’ve been from that day if real. Seems suspicious that this wasn’t reported until now.

I’m going with fake. Wasn’t the rumor that they’re were only doing the US anyways? Also, the Trump picture seems too on the nose. Looks like something Green Day would use, not RATM.

That was the thing that I debated.

The main reason I think it is real. It says "Somerset". That is specific. If it's been faked, it'll be faked by an American. They wouldn't put "Somerset", well - I doubt it.

16 minutes ago, ticklemeelmo said:

How about when adjusted for time zones? Is social blade based in California? So 266k followers Friday east coast. And the fb post was Australia and posted at 5am UK time Sunday....

Anyway, my head hurts now but you get what I mean maybe 

Edited by caballosblancos
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, ticklemeelmo said:

Also, the screenshot said it had zero likes. Sure it was only posted for a minute but shit gets liked on Instagram super fast. You’d figure someone out of the 266k followers would’ve seen and liked it in that minute.

Stop ruining my evening with insightful evidence!!! 

Monday in London seems like a weird date, almost too weird to be made up?!? (I need anything to keep this dream alive)

15 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

This guy thinks it's fake, with some reasoning...

20191124_213618.jpg

He makes a good point, but surely it's possible that they are just doing Rock AM Ring and not its sister festival on this occasion (has happened before according to Wiki here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_am_Ring_and_Rock_im_Park - see fifth sentence) and that they are being announced on top of the already announced headliners - the announcement of them reforming is still very recent after all.

1 minute ago, zeppelin said:

?

Will that change this year?

There's nothing quite like watching an artist nail their headline slot on that stage! 

Probably not, looking at the rumours and Macca. Depends who Macca clashes with really. If its Pet Shop Boys then I am watching them. RATM would be interesting. Metal is not something I listen to at home but find it interesting from a live perspective.