2020 headliners

jj200

3 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Basically, I think the Friday headliner will be one of Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Guns N Roses or Kendrick Lamar. I can't really see any other act coming in to play at this point that fits the clues and would headline.

Too early to be saying that, I think. Many more acts could come in to play. There's no real reason to think Kendrick Lamar more likely than Post or Drake for instance - apart from 'K E N D R I C K'.

Edited by dentalplan

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Too early to be saying that, I think. Many more acts could come in to play. There's no real reason to think Kendrick Lamar more likely than Post or Drake for instance - apart from 'K E N D R I C K'.

And surely just makes more sense as a Glasto booking than the other two, especially alongside Taylor, drake and homeless drake are both very poppy.

Edited by C14S

1 minute ago, C14S said:

And surely just makes more sense as a Glasto booking than the other two, especially alongside Taylor, drake and homeless drake are both very poppy.

Maybe but it doesn't make sense as a Glasto booking for them to book a rap act and a pop act in the same year anyway, unless you count Ed Sheeran of course. 

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Maybe but it doesn't make sense as a Glasto booking for them to book a rap act and a pop act in the same year anyway, unless you count Ed Sheeran of course. 

I don’t think they would even blink at having a pop and hip hop headliner in the same year, as long as they were big enough and they like them. As discussed earlier in this thread times and popularity of genres have changed and as a result the headliners have also.

38 minutes ago, Smeble said:

Yes but Eurovision was biblically bad, she would have to do a greatest hits set and be able to string a song or 2 together. Not sure she would want more bad publicity on the BBC after Eurovision. 

I'd say she's far too old and rich to actually give two shits about it.

14 minutes ago, morph100 said:

I don’t think they would even blink at having a pop and hip hop headliner in the same year, as long as they were big enough and they like them. As discussed earlier in this thread times and popularity of genres have changed and as a result the headliners have also.

Still waiting on that one.

Rock music hasn't exactly been in rude health for the past ten years but it's been living all over Glastonbury. Will change eventually but I'd be surprised if the fest was willing to alienate much of its audience next year.

4 hours ago, chazwwe said:

My Exs first was 2016... hasn't gone since 

4 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

I have a friend who loved the festival but after 2016 didn’t come back as he found the

2016 was my first also and I thought.... if it's this awesome in apocolypiltic levels of mud (which I never even imagined was a possibility) then imagine how good it would be if you could walk without sinking down 6 inches. I've been rewarded and havent put wellies on my feet since June 27, 2016.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

My girlfriend had never been to a festival before. Glasto 2019 was her first and she had 5 days of sunshine and got the ticket for free. She’s never getting that lucky again :lol: 

Nope never again! My first festival was T in the Park 2012 and it was apocalyptic mud. I went to others straight after- mix of wet and dry. First time I was able to get Glasto tickets was 2016 and I've been since, 2017 and 2019 were a luxury. Being able to walk without mud around is so much better. 

Oh and walking boots over wellies every time in that kind of mud! 

13 minutes ago, CJTM said:

Post Malone vs Macca?

Obsessed.

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

Are we still expecting BST to announce some stuff next week? Could rule out/in some acts (i.e Chilli's and Taylor as exclusive, or Taylor playing but not exclusive)

It’s unlikely that they’ll announce a bunch of days in one go. Usually it’s spread out across months.

13 minutes ago, jparx said:

Are we still expecting BST to announce some stuff next week? Could rule out/in some acts (i.e Chilli's and Taylor as exclusive, or Taylor playing but not exclusive)

Well it depends what date they announce. And is there confirmation of the dates its going to run in 2020? I know its usually the week after glasto, but its had dates before or even during the fest over the years if I recall correctly.