2020 headliners

jj200

5 minutes ago, Homer said:

They need to get Fatboy Slim to open the Pyramid , as part of his playing every stage thing. Not a huge fan (plus I, er, don't actually have a ticket), but that would be great fun and go down a storm.

Really like that idea.

9 minutes ago, Mr Boo said:

https://www.nme.com/news/music/emily-eavis-says-that-glastonburys-other-stage-will-feature-pyramid-level-headliners-next-year-2563232

So has there been any discussion  on above article?

If it’s true that they have some very big Other stage headliners next year, would this not confirm the lineup being even more special for 50th?

Could Foals be a pyramid sized headliner that actually headline the Other?

Also why do I still care about the lineup, when I didn’t manage to get tickets and so not going?

So early in the morning and so many questions that need answering 

Even this story features a special guest appearance from Chris Martin!

(Repost)

Emily said the following in that interview, has this been picked up on before? Two "new" headliners are already booked.

“But you know the rest of the stuff is really great and for us, it’s amazing after kind of 50 years to be able to almost pick and kind of choose who you want and who – and in a way interestingly actually the two that we’ve booked have not done the festival before and I don’t know if now that creates…I hope now you don’t narrow it down and guess!”
Read more at https://www.nme.com/news/music/emily-eavis-says-that-glastonburys-other-stage-will-feature-pyramid-level-headliners-next-year-2563232#emQvELMjEcFfwiMV.99

Edited by Slugy
Repost

33 minutes ago, Homer said:

They need to get Fatboy Slim to open the Pyramid , as part of his playing every stage thing. Not a huge fan (plus I, er, don't actually have a ticket), but that would be great fun and go down a storm.

Fatboy used to be my absolute fave mainstream DJ, but I recently saw him in Singapore and utter dogshit would be too kind a description.  He was absolutely dialling it in, obviously not playing live, totally awful.  I think his time has been and well and truly gone, unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

And relax.

There's no Glastonbury-shaped hole in Westlife's stadium tour.

Have you heard anything based upon the new rumours that you may have dismissed before. Do you reckon Madonna could do it or do you reckon it’s Kendrick and Taylor?

5 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Madonna and Taylor in one year would get the gammon sizzling alright.

Taylor probably would, but surely even the saltiest of gammons couldn't argue with someone of Madonna's calibre? Past her performance best and some dodgy recent shows aside pop, nay music, royalty really doesn't come much bigger.

Or am I asking for too much from humanity?

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

Taylor probably would, but surely even the saltiest of gammons couldn't argue with someone of Madonna's calibre? Past her performance best and some dodgy recent shows aside pop, nay music, royalty really doesn't come much bigger.

Yep.

She's not a man with a guitar. That's where it starts and ends.

I just can't see Madonna playing, she always wants too much money. Plus I think if she was booked then there may have been a lot more rumours about her by now than the usual. 

Taylor is nailed on though. 

I love how the slightest bit of info from Emily has sent this place into meltdown. 

4 minutes ago, Quark said:

People don't think about what good for the festival. They think about what's good for them. 

Madge would still get a poor reception from many. 

Edited by zeppelin
Spelling

Just now, a6l6e6x said:

Why is Taylor nailed on besides her tour schedule hinting she is playing?

Emily said its two people who have never played before and Jo said post interview that she nearly revealed the two people - alluding solo artists. Come on the schedule alone shows she is playing and they have always wanted female artists for headline.

1 minute ago, a6l6e6x said:

Why is Taylor nailed on besides her tour schedule hinting she is playing?

Two of the headliners have never played before

Clear gap for the Sunday

Taylor doing a headline festival tour for the first time

Festival will be looking to book at least one female headliner after the dudefest last year

CalGon saw Taylor by the Cider Bus at the last festvial

1 minute ago, a6l6e6x said:

Ah good, all signs point to Taylor, very very exciting news

Don’t forget that her tour dates pretty much rule her out of every single UK festival / event that might jeopardise the glasto chances.

Great for us - but when the penny drops for swifties that her only UK date of the summer is a sold out festival they won’t be happy.

Just now, Matt42 said:

Don’t forget that her tour dates pretty much rule her out of every single UK festival / event that might jeopardise the glasto chances.

Great for us - but when the penny drops for swifties that her only UK date of the summer is a sold out festival they won’t be happy.

Yeah I'm very much looking forward to see the uproar on that. Her fans are pretty die hard (aka they regularly try to break into her house)

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

giphy (1).gif