2020 headliners

jj200

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Should lower those expectations significantly. 

I think this is an important point. Should be said in constant refrain throughout this upcoming year.

2020 will be like any other year just like 2010 was. There may be a sprinkling of some special stuff but legendary bands are not going to come out of retirement solely for the festival.

Best we can bet is a decent reunion.

Guns N Roses are being tipped to do festivals next year.

I know they had already been mentioned but what I mean is there are rumours today about them doing South American festivals so you’d think they’d do them over here too if they’re starting the touring machine up again.

Edited by dentalplan

26 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Guns N Roses are being tipped to do festivals next year.

I know they had already been mentioned but what I mean is there are rumours today about them doing South American festivals so you’d think they’d do them over here too if they’re starting the touring machine up again.

They'd never do Glastonbury in a million years sadly, but hopefully Melvin will be on the blower to them, providing Axl didn't piss him off too much last time. 

47 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I don’t think Elton or Paul McCartney will be doing the legend slot. Should lower those expectations significantly. Cher was apparently approached about playing this year but turned it down cos of the money (tabloid rumours like) but maybe they might have a chance next time out if her people see the calibre of acts playing for cut-price.

Guess was trying to fit in all the rumours I'd read in different places, but you're right, it's quite optimistic. Elton would be amazing, esp after I can't afford/justify his tour ticker prices. 

I wondered if perhaps they were trying to save a bit of money this year *puts on tinhat* and only book a couple of stars this year, ready for 2020 and the anniversary. Quite a lot of people recognise the lineup is good, but not amazing, and the extra money might be in place for more stellar acts to come

Just now, sisco said:

Foals or The 1975

Madonna

Fleetwood Mac

I could absolutely see something like that happening. Foals/1975 balancing out the heritage acts later in the weekend, big set from Madge for Saturday night TV audience, and then the Mac bringing huge tunes to round off the 50th anniversary.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

They can’t really put him on headlining next year,  but last time he kept saying “next year” he was right. Maybe a secret set? Up against Noel. :lol:

Haha could be! Or maybe they'll finally put their differences aside for a bit... agreed, he definitely wouldn't be headlining on his own!

2 hours ago, jj200 said:

Friday: AM

Saturday: Green day

Sunday: the 1975

Other stage:

Friday: Kasabian

Saturday: Calvin Harris

Sunday: Fatboy slim

Jon peel stage

Friday: Slaves

Saturday Churches

Sunday: wolf Alice

With a secret set by Coldplay

Nice varied line up of white indie rock.

1 hour ago, robillustrates said:

The 1975 do not deserve to headline Glastonbury either yet. It's bad enough they are headlining Reading.

They really are big enough mate. I think you’re underestimating their pull to the younger Glastonbury crowds.

If stormzy absolutely packed the pyramid field off one album the 1975 will likely do the same