1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Never change, Gerard. 

Gerard is but a alias for my Fratelli loving Alter ego

Joking, I want to change the name but cba

1 hour ago, Quorn said:

It’s happening again

When isn’t it happening #FratelliFanatic

7 minutes ago, gfa said:

just seen - the fuckers binned off thursday silent disco at reading. wonder if they just got rid of it or they are having council issues.

Bit pointless having early entry now, was looking forward to the Thursday night. Why don’t they just open up the alternative and dance for the silent disco plus the camping ones and they’d be sorted. Need to get to Leeds I think 🤔 

Quick question - has anyone ever been to Leeds as a weekend guest ticket holder before?? (/press pass) 

I'm doing press for one of my uni societies but have a "weekend guest camping ticket" and I notice there is a guest camping designated area on the map.

I was planning to camp in the normal campsites with my mates, but if it's a different wristband this might not be possible maybe?

If not, I do know one mate who's volunteering, so would his campsite also be the guest campsite (has anyone volunteered before)? 

It says I can access "all public areas" would the normal campsites count as a public area??

Edited by R Shah

29 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Quick question - has anyone ever been to Leeds as a weekend guest ticket holder before?? (/press pass) 

I'm doing press for one of my uni societies but have a "weekend guest camping ticket" and I notice there is a guest camping designated area on the map.

I was planning to camp in the normal campsites with my mates, but if it's a different wristband this might not be possible maybe?

If not, I do know one mate who's volunteering, so would his campsite also be the guest campsite (has anyone volunteered before)? 

It says I can access "all public areas" would the normal campsites count as a public area??

Yeah with a guest wristband you're still allowed anywhere and everywhere a standard punter is and you're free to camp where you please. Just gets you in to the guest bar and allows you to travel through the arena whilst it's closed to the public. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, gfa said:

just seen - the fuckers binned off thursday silent disco at reading. wonder if they just got rid of it or they are having council issues.

From what I remember the silent disco on Thursday was always a nightmare. Ridiculously long queue. I normally just go into the arena and listen to one of the DJ’s for a bit and then go silent disco on a day I don’t care about the headliner.

1 hour ago, iistroudley said:

From what I remember the silent disco on Thursday was always a nightmare. Ridiculously long queue. I normally just go into the arena and listen to one of the DJ’s for a bit and then go silent disco on a day I don’t care about the headliner.

Oh it was for sure, but at least it means not everyones sitting in the campsite. Annoying they announce it this late and also if you got there early it was okay and good fun.

5 minutes ago, awatson9898 said:

That should be no reason for the cancellation, they just need better security and a better system in place. It is like saying every time there is an accident, events should not take place.

Never been to a silent disco myself, don't people just go for a short time anyway? Or do people spend the evening in them? One good thing about reading is people can head off to the centre and a few bars.

Edited by thetime
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, thetime said:

That should be no reason for the cancellation, they just need better security and a better system in place. It is like saying every time there is an accident, events should not take place.

Never been to a silent disco myself, don't people just go for a short time anyway? Or do people spend the evening in them? One good thing about reading is people can head off to the centre and a few bars.

Aye, town full of pubs, bars, clubs willing to take your custom. 

I guess the problem with the Thursday, with nothing else to do, the demand is going to be so much greater than any other time so provisioning it for that would prob take a whole world of extra room that would otherwise be wasted.

They could just convert it to camping on the Friday AM, for late comers etc, although that in itself may cause issues

4 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Has anyone camped in white/brown in Reading before? I usually camp in orange but haven’t camped in a couple years, and I now want somewhere a lot quieter so I can get a good sleep. Are there many families camping in white/brown?

Myself and daughter heading for brown on Wednesday.

18 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Has anyone camped in white/brown in Reading before? I usually camp in orange but haven’t camped in a couple years, and I now want somewhere a lot quieter so I can get a good sleep. Are there many families camping in white/brown?

I’ve always camped in white till this year. It’s a fair few families yeah but a good mix. deffo a lot quieter 

24 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

I always camp in white, mainly because we take the camper vans, but always that bit more quieter and chilled, and a lot more tidier!

28 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Me and a group of about 10 ended up in white by necessity in 2019 and it was great, clean toilets, quiet enough to sleep sound and a nice mix of people, I don’t think I actually saw anybody younger than GCSE age there