2021 Lineup

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

2018 lineup drop was something spectacular but I remember the 2014 drop being extremely spicy.

That was the first time @Dan Wilcox leaked the lineup right? I remember ‘Macklemore gate’ like it was yesterday.

Wasn’t here for 2014 but 2018 was mental. KOL, FOB and Panic! Being sprung on us the night before was unreal

1 minute ago, TheWaters said:

Wasn’t here for 2014 but 2018 was mental. KOL, FOB and Panic! Being sprung on us the night before was unreal

The absolute horror of Jake Bugg and Macklemore being two of the subheadliners will never be topped imo.

In my opinion 2012 was the last time I’ve seen a lineup drop get positive reviews on here. I think the only gripe I remember was Paramore being back after only 2 years. How bizarre, that would probs be celebrated now.

I think it’s R&L’s intention to book with such a strong forward focus that their lineups look strong years after.

2014 was considered the downfall of the festival when it was announced - but now you look back and there’s some artists most would probably love to return.

Just now, JSmurphy said:

Yep. Changed his profile picture and we all assumed it was a fake. 

I really wonder how he got a hold of that poster because he seemed to get a hold of a protype version of it. It looked different to the final poster but had all the right acts on it.

Edited by Matt42

2013’s lineup was met with a brilliant reception on here. Cho Sued will live on forever. 

It’s a shame what a pathetic circus SOAD have become now. Zero interest in making new music, zero passion whilst on stage. They should just fuck off and not bother doing anything again. They’re an embarrassment these days. 

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

2013’s lineup was met with a brilliant reception on here. Cho Sued will live on forever. 

It’s a shame what a pathetic circus SOAD have become now. Zero interest in making new music, zero passion whilst on stage. They should just fuck off and not bother doing anything again. They’re an embarrassment these days. 

Cho sued followed by “quick who has played with SOAD” to work out Green day

21 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

It doesn't matter anyway. There is no way in a million years The Stone Roses are playing R&L in 2021.

No reason they wouldn't - their day would sell out instantly if theres no other dates and they are pretty well liked among the target audience (well the indie/rock fans anyway, pop/rap people would be like RATM's reaction). Would be unwise of them to do Reading/Leeds instead of stadiums/arenas though money wise

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Absolutely bizarre it’s that soon and we haven’t even got a speculative tweet from a band member, or anything!

All the more reason to believe it won’t be the lineup like I said ;) 

Nah hopefully it will be but the whole thing seems very fishy to me still

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

No reason they wouldn't - their day would sell out instantly if theres no other dates and they are pretty well liked among the target audience (well the indie/rock fans anyway, pop/rap people would be like RATM's reaction). Would be unwise of them to do Reading/Leeds instead of stadiums/arenas though money wise

No reason?

A decent reason would be that they're not actually together.

They also didn't play the last 2 times they were active in 2012/13 and 2016/17.

Not to mention they just aren't the sort of booking that R&L would make these days.

1 hour ago, Tom Connolly said:

stone roses still a very very slim possibility imo, never headlined before, tend to reform every 4 years (or so) and their website has just been updated according to someone on here a few days ago. that’d be a proper curveball out of the blue headliner

Would be an amazing booking, Heaton Park 2012 remains the best live performance I've ever seen, but they had a perfect opportunity to get them in both 2016 and 2017 and didn't, instead opting for headliners that had already played not long before previously (Biffy, Muse, Kasabian and Eminem). That gave me the impression the festival weren't interested in them. Which was a shame, they'd have shifted day tickets and they do have a large younger following going by the crowds at the two gigs I went to at Manchester and Leeds.

Don't think they'll reform again though. Too much bad blood on the last tour by the sounds of it.