2021 Lineup

Still finding it very odd that R&L haven’t used the word “lineup” to advertise this announcement whatsoever when they’d usually say it at every opportunity. Obviously Melvin said it’s the full lineup today but just seems odd to me. Wouldn’t be surprised if the announcement today ended up being about 2 main stages and 6 headliners but the lineup will be revealed next week or something like that

I’m going to continue to predict low so I am (hopefully) pleasantly surprised. Who I really want is Billie Eilish but I can’t see her doing it.

Liam Gallagher

BMTH

Courtneeners 

Dua Lipa

Lewis Capaldi

Dave

Outsider bets, Skepta, Halsey, Catfish.

Edited by Matt42

12 minutes ago, mttJ said:

Getting excited about the idea of Slipknot etc only to be greeted by Lewis Capaldi and Courteeners would be about right.

And very on brand. Everyone needs to temper their expectations. This is r&l.

we got a little treat this year with rage but the undercard was the huge letdown.

Its going to be an r&l lineup at the end of the day.

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

And very on brand. Everyone needs to temper their expectations. This is r&l.

we got a little treat this year with rage but the undercard was the huge letdown.

Its going to be an r&l lineup at the end of the day.

The same R&L that got the 1975, TOP, Postie and Foos in the same year 

Were going right down the middle not Slipknot but not as bad as Courteeners and Capaldi

i Honestly don’t really care about the headliners as long as we get one of Tame Impala, Foals it Slipknot. Thinking Bring Me are a given 

Edited by Gerard the Fab

5 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Were going right down the middle not Slipknot but not as bad as Courteeners and Capaldi

i Honestly don’t really care about the headliners as long as we get one of Tame Impala, Foals it Slipknot. Thinking Bring Me are a given 

It’s been too long since Tame Impala last played, it’s about time Kevin returned to R+L

7 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

stone roses still a very very slim possibility imo, never headlined before, tend to reform every 4 years (or so) and their website has just been updated according to someone on here a few days ago. that’d be a proper curveball out of the blue headliner

Headlined in 1996.

10 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Disappointed with the unlikeliness of co-headliners returning, as there's a couple who seem like quite obvious but strong bookings here (Foals, Disclosure..). 

I'll be happy with BMTH as one of my headliners, but with the lack of an NME stage this year I'll probably end up relying on the main stage all three nights. I wonder if we'll see "NME" level acts take slots in lower stages, but realistically that doesn't seem too feasible. 

Keep forgetting that I just need to like three of the headliners, so the probable LG/Courteeners doesn't phase me too much. Just hope we end up with an interesting booking or two alongside them such as Slipknot, Tame etc.

Edited by mttJ

2 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Stop even more with the NIN shout. One of my favourite bands of all time but there’s more chance of Lostprophets being booked for the fest than them, NIN will never be back for R&L sadly

The last time Trent played he had nothing nice to say about the place

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

The last time Trent played he had nothing nice to say about the place

I’m not surprised. Think I’ve seen before that they got a pitiful crowd for a subheadliner too? If NIN do U.K. fests anytime soon I can’t see past headlining APE or Sounds of The City or subbing Download. Will continue to pray that they headline the other at glasto soon but not holding my breath

15 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Guys stop with the Slipknot.

Youre literally setting yourself up for disappointment. 

It's all part of the fun.

I'd rather get carried away and let down as opposed to anticipating and accepting the mediocrity. 😃