Jump to content
cb4747

TICKET COMPETITIONS THREAD - IT BEGINS

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Hi all.

I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!!! I won the eFests competition! 

Just emailed Neil over my details which I’m sure will all be fine!

SO HAPPY!

Good luck to everyone else in the competitions and if I should win (unlikely) I’ll see if I can sort them for someone here!

Thank you Neil @eFestivals

Just adding my congratulations and to a Gold member too. What a wonderful day for you. Time to make your list now! Have the greatest time Xxx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CP_8 said:

has the mallets competition closed?

Nope 7th June. Not sure how much more of it I can drink though. I have already entered 5 times and won 3 prizes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

Nope 7th June. Not sure how much more of it I can drink though. I have already entered 5 times and won 3 prizes

So is it a combination of spot prizes and a final draw?

What is the larger equivalent to mallets, is it a carling carlsberg level? im not a cider man but I'll brave four cans for the cause and see how we go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all!

Haven’t had the chance to read all the messages but thanks everyone :) Will have a read through later.

Funny reading some of the theories about people being in a different time zone and not replying quick enough :lol: 

One of the few days I was working hard instead of monitoring this thread all the time!

Edited by DareToDibble
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CP_8 said:

So is it a combination of spot prizes and a final draw?

What is the larger equivalent to mallets, is it a carling carlsberg level? im not a cider man but I'll brave four cans for the cause and see how we go

The main Lager supplier is Carlsberg. But they've rarely had a Glastonbury competition in the past - a quick Google search suggests they may have done so for the 2007 festival, and again in 2010 but nothing since.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, incident said:

The main Lager supplier is Carlsberg. But they've rarely had a Glastonbury competition in the past - a quick Google search suggests they may have done so for the 2007 festival, and again in 2010 but nothing since.

apologies, i wasn't talking about glastonbury larger suppliers, i meant the taste of mallets as a cider 😂comparing it to popular largers as i dont drink cider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CP_8 said:

So is it a combination of spot prizes and a final draw?

What is the larger equivalent to mallets, is it a carling carlsberg level? im not a cider man but I'll brave four cans for the cause and see how we go

It's a big standard cider. Somewhere between Strongbow and Thatcher's Gold. Equivalent in lager terms would probably be Carling as you said. It can only be found in Tesco's. Worth a try. Every code on the packs gets you an entry into the draw. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, CP_8 said:

apologies, i wasn't talking about glastonbury larger suppliers, i meant the taste of mallets as a cider 😂comparing it to popular largers as i dont drink cider

It tastes nothing like lager, if that’s any help 😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chloebailey2206 said:

Does anyone know when the WaterAid winner will be announced? Or has that already happened?

31st I think 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Hi all.

I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!!! I won the eFests competition! 

Just emailed Neil over my details which I’m sure will all be fine!

SO HAPPY!

Good luck to everyone else in the competitions and if I should win (unlikely) I’ll see if I can sort them for someone here!

Thank you Neil @eFestivals

Well done, I don’t think I can imagine how utterly delighted you must be. I know what I am like when I get a ticket in October and when I get a resale but to win one now so close to the event must be mind blowing. Good on you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Well done, I don’t think I can imagine how utterly delighted you must be. I know what I am like when I get a ticket in October and when I get a resale but to win one now so close to the event must be mind blowing. Good on you! 

I had notifications on for this thread so my inbox had about 100 emails telling me about new posts in here :lol: When I skimmed through I saw one titled "Congratulations from eFestivals". Hands started shaking, couldn't click it quick enough! 

I had a colleague out in the car with me today who started laughing. I genuinely had to open the car window, take my sunglasses off and sit there to compose myself before replying. Pretty sure they thought I was mental :lol: 

I'm taking my fiance who has never been to Glastonbury before - what a way for her to start!

  • Upvote 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

It tastes nothing like lager, if that’s any help 😆

Tastes like piss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I had notifications on for this thread so my inbox had about 100 emails telling me about new posts in here :lol: When I skimmed through I saw one titled "Congratulations from eFestivals". Hands started shaking, couldn't click it quick enough! 

I had a colleague out in the car with me today who started laughing. I genuinely had to open the car window, take my sunglasses off and sit there to compose myself before replying. Pretty sure they thought I was mental :lol: 

I'm taking my fiance who has never been to Glastonbury before - what a way for her to start!

Brilliant, and as an added bonus you are piling on the upvotes!,  Fiancé eh? A glasto wedding perhaps, I am sure there’s something in the green fields that does them! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Brilliant, and as an added bonus you are piling on the upvotes!,  Fiancé eh? A glasto wedding perhaps, I am sure there’s something in the green fields that does them! 

Another bonus!

I only proposed in December, should have kept the faith and waited until Glasto. Right outside the longdrops. Romance.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Hi all!

Haven’t had the chance to read all the messages but thanks everyone :) Will have a read through later.

Funny reading some of the theories about people being in a different time zone and not replying quick enough :lol: 

One of the few days I was working hard instead of monitoring this thread all the time!

Nice one dude. See you at the efest meet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Aragorn said:

Nice one dude. See you at the efest meet

You must be psychic. I have just this minute posted in that thread as I got this notification!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

You must be psychic. I have just this minute posted in that thread as I got this notification!

Damn I'm so jealous . Have a great time mate, funny it wasn't through The Guardian competition after all that faff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...