Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

On 3/10/2019 at 10:11 AM, gherkin8r said:

Emily Eavis on first episode of Rob Da Bank's new podcast this Wednesday. Rob reckons there are at least 2 bits of new info 

https://www.glastofestfeed.com/latest/news/new-glastonbury-2019-details-drop-next-week/

Soz I just realised I was a bit behind the curve with that breaking news. 

8 minutes ago, uscore said:

It'd be ace if there were no poster at all, and the first you heard of the lineup was on the Thursday of Glastonbury when could collect your little guide.

Thursday? you need a better alarm clock if you're running that late ?

• Upvote 1

Just now, morph100 said:

Thursday? you need a better alarm clock if you're running that late ?

why?

you are onsite on the Wednesday, there might be some info on who's on the smaller stages for the next couple of days. But the main stage lineup is only available from Thursday morning.  What excitement!

42 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

What year was it when the announcement was made and you were nowhere to be seen?! 

At least twice I've been travelling through the Mersey Tunnel as it's come out. I also missed most of the Radiohead painting excitement when I was in a workshop.

36 minutes ago, JoBalls said:

Oh noooooo!! Sorry to hear that!

15 minutes ago, henry bear said:

☹️ bummer, sorry mate

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Thats crap .... ive just gone back after mine ... maybe you might spot a pattern now ?

Thanks all but, no worries. It's been a long time coming. I've still not had my official letter and they have to give me 3 month's notice. I'm hoping it'll come on the 31st and I get at least 1 month's gardening leave.

49 minutes ago, uscore said:

why?

you are onsite on the Wednesday, there might be some info on who's on the smaller stages for the next couple of days. But the main stage lineup is only available from Thursday morning.  What excitement!

Would be an interesting experiment, but I imagine keeping it from leaking would prove nigh on impossible.

Besides, half the fun is spending April-June checking out names from the poster you’re not familiar with.

11 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Would be an interesting experiment, but I imagine keeping it from leaking would prove nigh on impossible.

Besides, half the fun is spending April-June checking out names from the poster you’re not familiar with.

Exactly.... my standard routine is checking here constantly for any rumour, willing March to come round for the poster, enjoying the weekly lineups of other smaller areas, researching the hundreds of acts that I have no clue about and then...... moaning that everyone I like clashes!  

Id hate to miss out on all of that

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Thanks all but, no worries. It's been a long time coming. I've still not had my official letter and they have to give me 3 month's notice. I'm hoping it'll come on the 31st and I get at least 1 month's gardening leave.

Ah shit, I'm sorry to hear it mate

39 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I know it's in no way practical.  I just think it would be an interesting twist.  I'm also a serial new-band-investigator.

Similarly undoable, I'd like one year for everything to be moved around. All the stages in different places, campsites, shops, all the traders.

There are far too many people (me included) who know too much of the site off by heart.  It'd be great having to unlearn and explore everything again.

11 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Ah shit, I'm sorry to hear it mate

Cheers Mardy but honestly, I'm fine with it. I've somehow been in constant employment for 32 years which is a bloody miracle considering the job market these days. I'll be alright, decent pay off coming my way, got a few contacts I can try and nudge. As long as I get Glastonbury off, all is ok.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Here was me thinking that was a sexual innuendo about your thingy not getting much use in real life.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

In real life too! The double whammy.

Keep your chin up matey, the same is currently happening to me, got served my three months notice a couple of weeks ago. Decided to move plans forward and move in with my partner, who lives 150 miles away just outside Manchester (I live in Essex). Currently looking for work.

My biggest worry... that I get the last week of June off ?

Edited by djdavejohnson