Hot Chip

suzie sue

Last night was awesome! I stupidly didn't familiarise myself with the new album before I went so didn't enjoy the new stuff quite as much, but they sounded great and played all the bangers. Loved it. From a selfish point of view, it was also great that it wasn't too busy as I had room to dance down the front for once!

You're in for a treat tonight.

Please can we have them back on West Holts?

14 hours ago, nikkic said:

They played what was essentially a greatest hits set when I saw them at Ally Pally on the last tour, so happy for them to mix it up a little bit! 

II went to that too and had a cracking time, when they played Sabotage at the end it was euphoric 

9 minutes ago, Clarence Clemons said:

cheers for the feedback all! Glad it was a good night. Hot Chip always deliver live!

Noticed slliiiightly different setlists which is good, nice to see they don't play it song for song each night.

will report back after tonite!

Have a great one! I left with a huge grin on my face. One of those gigs.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Last night was awesome! I stupidly didn't familiarise myself with the new album before I went so didn't enjoy the new stuff quite as much, but they sounded great and played all the bangers. Loved it. From a selfish point of view, it was also great that it wasn't too busy as I had room to dance down the front for once!

You're in for a treat tonight.

Please can we have them back on West Holts?

They were so good weren’t they, agreed the extra space was very welcome!

really hope they’re at Glastonbury again next year, surely in with a decent chance given the new album and tour

Great show last night, enjoy anyone going to the final one! Met some hot chip ultras as we left who flew in to do all 4 nights!

Loved the version of boy from school that they did 🙂 

Edited by gfa

It was Hot Chip doing Hot Chip… they are so consistently good.

it was great to hear their new material live, there are a couple of complete bangers that will only enhance the live set going forward.

Freakout/Release is a great opener, shifting Huarache Lights to the encore… perhaps I would have put Down In the encore in place of Out of my Depth to really keep the tempo up..

Hung Up (another superb cover… they are just brilliant at choosing these live bangers!) into a reworked Over and Over was immense…

per @Zoo Music Girlwe went to the front rail left of stage during the support without issue… the bar areas at the back were rammed…

Those going tonight are in for a real treat… Get your dancing shoes on !

44 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

It was Hot Chip doing Hot Chip… they are so consistently good.

it was great to hear their new material live, there are a couple of complete bangers that will only enhance the live set going forward.

Freakout/Release is a great opener, shifting Huarache Lights to the encore… perhaps I would have put Down In the encore in place of Out of my Depth to really keep the tempo up..

Hung Up (another superb cover… they are just brilliant at choosing these live bangers!) into a reworked Over and Over was immense…

per @Zoo Music Girlwe went to the front rail left of stage during the support without issue… the bar areas at the back were rammed…

Those going tonight are in for a real treat… Get your dancing shoes on !

Hung Up was great - good shout that.

enjoy all going tonight, residencies like this are fun as a lot of us end up going (esp when £20) so we can all compare nights 🙂