Respect the Females (and other rules)

kalifire

1 hour ago, glasto-worker said:

its a dead issue now because GFL rejected the whole issue when the WBC floated the idea to them ' many years ago ' - as you know it was all politics why they rejected the idea - its their festival so they can impose what they want.

The WBC set up the English Company that produces the reusable plastic pint cups because while it was a good idea ' the fact that they all had to be shipped back to Germany for sterilization was a major flaw ' so they had to do a deal with the German company that holds the patent. 

I am in two minds over the metal pint pots due to ' Weights and Measures  rules and regulations ' hence why bars could not pour direct into the metal pint pots.

Yes I am aware that some bar staff  may have been trying to cut corners by pouring it in direct ' but they risk being closed down if they are caught.'

Perhaps GFL will go full circle and accept that reusable plastic pint cups is the answer but it will be a expensive option due to the fact they don't have a sterilization plant onsite so its a major undertaking and then there is the advert issue so at the end of the day it will all boil down to Money.  

I have my doubts over the claimed plastic bottle ban unless they are prepared to search every bag before people enter - you can just imagine how long that could take.

time will tell what happens.

Emily said it was for the traders mostly and punters wouldn't be affected ... but like the lanterns and nos in the sacred areas they would like them to think about usage 

1 hour ago, Blisterpack said:

‘The current wave of rabid feminism’. Seriously? That is something you think?

Do you think that there is no difference between the experience of men and women at a festival such as Glastonbury? I’d read back on this thread a bit if I were you. 

Yes, feminism in its current form (see guardian opinion column for good examples) is disgraceful. They're playing identity politics for the good of their own agenda. There is a reason why about 7 % of UK females identify as feminists and that is because feminism does not represent them.

1 hour ago, MetaKate said:

I'm sorry, is women wanting to be treated equally disrespecting you?  

We didn't realize, we'll all stop wanting to feel safe. 

No, it isn't disrespecting me but you are not describing modern feminism. The current state of feminism is loud, shouty and unrepresentative of women in general.

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

You seem to be confusing rabies and equality, it can happen all too easily if you're a bit tipsy.

No beer, stoptober :(

1 hour ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Really?

Does it make you scared to go outside?

Does it make any men scared to go outside?

Are you playing up to the victimhood mentality that feminists at the moment want you to subscribe to? If so, don't listen to them. Women have never had it so good. 

Edited by Thunderstruck

2 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

No, it isn't disrespecting me but you are not describing modern feminism. The current state of feminism is loud, shouty and unrepresentative of women in general.

Oh. Got it. You want us to be quiet, timid, and polite. Shouting is so unlady like. 

You should watch "the handmaid's tale" ... I think you'll really enjoy it, the women in it are super well behaved. 

Just now, MetaKate said:

Oh. Got it. You want us to be quiet, timid, and polite. Shouting is so unlady like. 

You should watch "the handmaid's tale" ... I think you'll really enjoy it, the women in it are super well behaved. 

Nope. You see the problem with anybody disagreeing with this kind of stuff is you are immediately put down as some kind of women hating beast, when it is actually quite the opposite. Women aren't victims, feminism as I see it currently wants to push that narrative though.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Thunderstruck said:

Why are you so surprised at a factual statement? Through equality and feminist movements we've made huge steps forward. If you honestly think the situation now isn't any better than say 50 years ago then you've been reading the wrong stuff!

I’m not surprised at the factual statement. I’m surprised you said it in the context of everything else you’ve said. 

1 minute ago, Thunderstruck said:

Nope. You see the problem with anybody disagreeing with this kind of stuff is you are immediately put down as some kind of women hating beast, when it is actually quite the opposite. Women aren't victims, feminism as I see it currently wants to push that narrative though.

Everything you've said so far would suggest otherwise. 

I'll stop being so flippant for a moment because you seem to be trying to express that you dont hate women. 

I promise you we do not want and are not trying to be seen as victims. The whole movement hinges on the fact that we just want to live our life the same way you live yours. I dont want to have to make considerations and adjust my behaviour to stay safe, because I NEVER want to be a victim. 

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Women have never had it so good. 

The suggestion you seem to be making here is that because you think circumstances for women are better than they have been in the past, we should simply stop complaining and be grateful for what we have.

Yeah, echoing the comments several other people have made... Don't be a twat, be kind, treat others who you'd want to be treated, do with your rubbish on the farm what you'd do with it at home. 

Back to the respecting females thing, I saw a quote on Facebook earlier that made me laugh. Already forgot who it was or where abouts I saw it but whatever, the gist was that a general rule of thumb for men should be not to say or do anything to women that they wouldn't want a man to do to say or do them in prison. It sounds ridiculous, but it's not as ridiculous as the need to say it. Bloody hell, I only read this morning about a guy who was arrested for groping a woman on an aeroplane and his defence was oh well the President said it's ok. Maybe ridiculousness is the way forward.. 

24 minutes ago, jyoung said:

You absolute cretin.

Why? 

23 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I know this isn’t adding much, but wow. 

It is true though...

18 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Indeed.

Is this the time for my "Are ignorant sexist blokes permitted at Glastonbury?" poll?

Nope, this has nothing to do with sexist blokes. Just a more realistic interpretation of the state of play.

Just now, Skoo said:

The suggestion you seem to be making here is that because you think circumstances for women are better than they have been in the past, we should simply stop complaining and be grateful for what we have.

no, still much to do, although this absolutely shouldn't be guided by feminism as it stands.

2 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Why? 

It is true though...

Nope, this has nothing to do with sexist blokes. Just a more realistic interpretation of the state of play.

no, still much to do, although this absolutely shouldn't be guided by feminism as it stands.

Begging the question who and what it should be guided by?

1 hour ago, Thunderstruck said:

The current state of feminism is loud, shouty and unrepresentative of women in general.

Women have never had it so good. 

Wow. Just...wow.

So...

You are judging feminism purely on one basis. Yes, there are feminists who are 'loud and shouty' and for bloody good reasons. You only have to look at issues girls face at gigs to realise there is flippin' miles to go yet and they have every reason to be loud and shouty. That's why campaigns like 'Girls Against...' and bands like Petrol Girls, Dream Wife and Dream Nails are so important. I recently went to the Loud Women Fest and aside from an absolute cracking day of music, the loud and shouty women were most definitely representative of the people there. Clearly being vocal is going to mean they dominate the public perception of feminism but strangely they seem to have realised being quiet and submissive isn't going to bring about any fundamental change for them? I know, crazy talk.

As for 'Women have never had it so good' ... I'll be generous to you and assume you mean that over the last 100 years, women now have more rights, freedoms and equality than even before, ergo 'never had it so good'. But, but, there's still a long way to go and telling women 'they've never had it so good' is astonishingly patronising for starters. 

I'd love you to stick your head around the door of the Sisterhood stage next year and tell them they've never had it so good. I suspect they will be delighted to have the opportunity to discuss that train of thought with you.

Edited by Keithy

23 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Why? 

It is true though...

Bless, aren't you sweet.  

It's a shame you've been given such misplaced self-confidence.

1 hour ago, Thunderstruck said:

Why are you so surprised at a factual statement? Through equality and feminist movements we've made huge steps forward. If you honestly think the situation now isn't any better than say 50 years ago then you've been reading the wrong stuff!

It’s not good enough though. By any standards.

The problem I have personally with the whole movement that woman have me too and all that is this.

I am a good bloke, i treat women the same as I would treat anyone, no difference. I don;t think there is a difference they are just both people. same no difference. i don't go touching woman at gigs . I am a bit blinkered as I am not a woman and never had experience of all that goes on. Maybe this is male privileged as it is called. I never even realised there was a problem until i met me wife and she said she doesn't like going the gym as men ogle her and she doesn't like it , and I started reading about all the sexual allegations . it blows my mind that this goes on when I would never do this and my circle of friends are like I am. I am living in a man bubble thinking everything is rosy when it obviously isn't . Male privilege 

it's such a shame that woman need to point out that you can't touch them at clubs or take advantage of them when drunk when it's obvious some men don't think this. in my mind it's blatantly obvious. there is in difference between men and woman , trans , gay blah blah blah we are all just the same .

Men just shouldn't be dicks and woman should feel OK to go jogging and not get leered at . to go in a mosh pit and not have their breasts groped. in my mind it really is that simple. i just wish everyone else felt the same