The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

14 minutes ago, Brownie30 said:

My trusty Quechua fresh and black wasn't even hot inside during the Wednesday afternoon / evening heat of 2017. Proved an outstanding buy and will be coming along with me bright and early Wednesday morning this year too! 

Is that one of the pop up ones? And if so, would you say its sturdy enough?

Just now, Winslow Leach said:

Is that one of the pop up ones? And if so, would you say its sturdy enough?

It is indeed, I've got the 3 man pop-up which was shared with a friend last year, who this year is no longer coming so I've the luxury of the room to myself! I found it perfectly sturdy enough, had no issues with setting up etc and is a little easier to put away than many pop-ups with buckles and straps to keep it together when folded up. Tiniest bit of porch area (not really) but hopefully with this year's forecast a drying area won't be essential! Of course it goes without saying that 2017's conditions didn't exactly test the sturdiness, with no major rain, winds etc etc - but it stood up perfectly well and is still in as good condition now as it was then! 

These images show three different hi-res models take on the rain/thunderstorms tonight, for 3am. The storms move up from the South, and towards the N - NE. They're all shown East of the site, so fingers crossed, it will be dry or mostly dry. A little bit too close for comfort though IMO...!

hirlamuk-1-19-0.png

19062503_2406.gif

arpegeuk-1-19-0.png

1 minute ago, liquuid_fusion said:

These images show three different hi-res models take on the rain/thunderstorms tonight, for 3am. The storms move up from the South, and towards the N - NE. They're all shown East of the site, so fingers crossed, it will be dry or mostly dry. A little bit too close for comfort though IMO...!

hirlamuk-1-19-0.png

19062503_2406.gif

arpegeuk-1-19-0.png

I hope the site does get some rain (not the 50mm stuff of course) as it will soften the ground and wash away the dust and that would be good.

30 minutes ago, redrog said:

Looking at the last couple of hours progress, I'm starting to question this. The rain appears to have swung north a bit, instead of east. If you are in Devon can you blow towards Southampton please.

It does, those shields are doing a fantastic job!

37 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Urrrm is there a reason my phone's accue weather has just started predicting thunder storms on Saturday morning????

Hmmm - Met Office also says this, although forecast specifically for Pilton remains good:

On Saturday a band of showery rain, with the risk of thunder, will spread erratically from the west, introducing fresher conditions. The hot and humid conditions will likely be confined to the east on Sunday. 

Might still be some risk here....

Edited by Glasto Weatherwatch

26 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

Hmmm - Met Office also says this, although forecast specifically for Pilton remains good:

On Saturday a band of showery rain, with the risk of thunder, will spread erratically from the west, introducing fresher conditions. The hot and humid conditions will likely be confined to the east on Sunday. 

Might still be some risk here....

Sounds very, very vague.

1 hour ago, redrog said:

Looking at the last couple of hours progress, I'm starting to question this. The rain appears to have swung north a bit, instead of east. If you are in Devon can you blow towards Southampton please.

I am in Southampton and would be very happy for the heaviest of the rain to fall onto my roof to help stop any mudddd forming at the site.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

Tonight's rain further East on GFS, falling into line with Met Office ?

This forcefield really is something else.

I checked MetOffice myself about an hour ago and spotted it now only says rain for a few hours tonight, whereas it was showing it as being into the early hours of the morning originally.