The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

2 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Personally, I think it's better to be safe than sorry. if I take wellies and they're not needed, it's been very little additional effort to take them. If it hammers it down unexpectedly and I don't have wellies, I'm screwed.

If you're on the coach, taking wellies is a massive amount of extra space. If I was driving, I'd stick them in the car every year. Surely this is a year where you leave them in the boot and decide whether to being them on site when you park up?

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

If you're on the coach, taking wellies is a massive amount of extra space. If I was driving, I'd stick them in the car every year. Surely this is a year where you leave them in the boot and decide whether to being them on site when you park up?

exactly what I am doing 

12 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

Unfortunately the weather isn't fixed yet.. although there is a high certainty of dry weather and minimal rain, there is still the chance (however slim) that things could still deteriorate by the end of the weekend. 

If only to appease the weather gods and for you own peace of mind, take some sort of welly or boots for muddy conditions.

After all, it's better to have them and not need them, than need them and not have them.

In fairness it won't hurt to leave them in the car. 

See you all on the farm / desert ?

Just now, djdavejohnson said:

I've taken the plunge and haven't bought any wellies (needed new ones this year). Survived 2016 in walking boots (not sure how) so gonna brave it with just those again. Eeeek!

To be fair only cost about a tenner on site so if the worse was to happen you'd be sorted anyway

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Someone who I know vaguely is coming to Glastonbury this year. Had a conversation with her this week. She has been to 2 festivals. 1995 & 2010. She says she has never seen it rain. Its always incredibly warm.

Im blaming her for this.

I wonder what would happen if my wife also came. She's been in 97, 98 and 2007.

Walking boots worn on the trip there with the intention/hope I can take them off and not see them again once all set up and switch in to a lovely light pair of trainers for the rest of the fest.

Playing with fire (or mud..) if you don’t bring anything slightly heavy duty.

I'm taking my wellies more for the night time  visits to the longdrops (it's so much scarier when I can't see what I'm standing in). I can tuck my trousers in them, so no problem of trying to hoist trousers  off the floor while simultaneously trying to get them down, and if there is something squelchy underfoot I just stick my boots under the tap. 

22 minutes ago, Wallace said:

This is what the Mirror are still running.  What sort of journalistic integrity do they have to even run this story?

image.png

The Mirror's been publishing a steady stream of shite for the last couple of weeks. Ignore the c**ts.

14 minutes ago, sweetpickle said:

I'm taking my wellies more for the night time  visits to the longdrops (it's so much scarier when I can't see what I'm standing in). I can tuck my trousers in them, so no problem of trying to hoist trousers  off the floor while simultaneously trying to get them down, and if there is something squelchy underfoot I just stick my boots under the tap. 

No Just No.

giphy.gif

Edited by Stocksey

Oh god, I remember seeing people washing their wellys late at night at some taps at the top of a hill.  Pools of water were forming and then breaking down the hill towards the poor people who'd pitched their tents there.   Then the welly-washers had to walk through the mud they've created to get away from the taps, literally making their washing as pointless as it was selfish. :(

Edited by uscore