Friday morning Other opener 2019

kalifire

47 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Nah the Other opener has become the has-been slot, which Idles certainly aren't. They'd be wasted in that slot, and they deserve a proper rowdy crowd later in the day rather than a half asleep crowd at 11am.

After them failing to do it last time around, I'm gonna say Manics for the Friday opener (if they carry it on next year).

Not sure if it will continue to be a has been slot (if it is then my vote is on Travis or Franz Ferdinand) I think it will become a newish up and coming act on the rise and with lots of energy, who will get the crowd out of their pits and bopping on a Friday morning. Idles fit that bill massively and will only get bigger come next June

I think they will play a few times over the weekend, including the hell stage at 2am, that would be mental

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

No she's 88 and has only knows of Aled Jones, Katherine Jenkins and Andy Murray. She also remembers Tim Henman. Stormzy is what I tell her is about to happen in February when the weather takes a turn fir the worse and i am trying to downplay its significance, she will only worry otherwise

Awwwww. Hope she’s well squire. Ripe old age that, I’ll be well pleased if I can manage it to then.

I just hope they move them from their 2017 "Sunday morning legends slot" and stick Slaves on here. Would be a great way to kick the festival off. Bin off the whole surprise element of it, but put a fairly popular band on, and start the weekend with a bang

Always like the opener on the other stage,  despite the mud and late start james really started 2016 for us. Pretenders were also a good choice last time out. A slot where a classic sing a long band that gets everyone going whatever their tastes and age. Good shouts here for boy george,  levellers ,travis, franz f etc etc. Even the bootleg Beatles. Or how about the Kinks? Then off for some food, more than  a few drinks and then migrate to bands that is your particular style.  Excited already just thinking about it. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

27 minutes ago, K2SO said:

I just hope they move them from their 2017 "Sunday morning legends slot" and stick Slaves on here. Would be a great way to kick the festival off. Bin off the whole surprise element of it, but put a fairly popular band on, and start the weekend with a bang

They should just not book Slaves full stop.

• Upvote 1

I always think Slaves as beimg punk rock for kids, my two boys 8 and 11 love them. I still like them to be fair, they are always great fun live. 

Slaves have already done an opening slot on the other, albeit Sunday, and it went down a treat. Time to let Idles have a go on Friday morning on the Other, it would be ace.

12 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Nah the Other opener has become the has-been slot, which Idles certainly aren't. They'd be wasted in that slot, and they deserve a proper rowdy crowd later in the day rather than a half asleep crowd at 11am.

After them failing to do it last time around, I'm gonna say Manics for the Friday opener (if they carry it on next year).

I'd probably agree, they won't get anything great on Pyramid and were only 3rd down Other last time.

I can't see it being the Manics, the slot needs to be filled by a has been act where punters can have a good sing a long to a familiar act, or a new up and coming act who will blow your head off and get the festival off to a cracking start

The Manics dont fit either of those criteria in my opinion, I think it would be quite dull

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I did actually listen to a song because I wondered what Razorchild by Razorlight would sound like, but it wasn’t at all entertaining. Other than that I’ve barely heard anything about them in a few years.

Read a random review of it the other day, didn’t do anything to make me wanna try it out. Couldn’t bear them first time round either, OG lineup.