Latitude 2019

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

2 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

I'm also in a meeting at 9.30am but have got my laptop with me and have already positioned myself at the end of the table so I have nobody sitting next to me!

Ezra, Lana and Snow Patrol. Strokes look set to be going to Glastonbury.

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

That's a terrible line-up, so much that IOW beats it easily.

You can admit that you like the IOW line up. No one will judge.

5 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Oof, that's pretty whack, but with some great bands peppered in there, which just makes it all the more of a shame. O Latitude, what has become of you?

Tbf it usually starts like that then they keep adding more good stuff. Still feels like my long range Lana prediction has come in at a bad time though.

Having had another look, there's a decent amount on there to keep me happy enough - Lana, Underworld, Loyle Carner, Cat Power, Anna Calvi, Primal Scream, Slaves, RBCF, Nadine Shah, Sons of Kemet...

The main issue with the lineup is most of those are pretty easy to catch elsewhere. There aren't really any 'wow' bookings.

11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Tbf it usually starts like that then they keep adding more good stuff. Still feels like my long range Lana prediction has come in at a bad time though.

I feel quite certain she's headlining because you've willed it into existence with so many years of saying it's going to happen.

The line-up has some merit to it (keeping this positive as have tickets already booked!) Just hope a few more decent names come out of the wood work in the coming months. Comedy line-up is pretty decent too. Have to agree that the IOW line-up knocks this announcement out of the park though. Still time for Latitude to turn it around though. 

59 minutes ago, cdm22 said:

Decidedly underwhelming.

My thoughts entirely.

Latitude is very family friendly, we had a kid in 2015 and last went that year (New Order/The Maccabees/The National headliners). I thought I would be a long-term shoe in as an attendee, had been to pretty much all of them up to that point.

However since 2016 it's completely gone off the boil for me musically. Every year I'm waiting to drop a load of wedge on 3 weekenders and a campervan ticket, the line-up comes out and my meh-o-meter goes into overload. 

Ditto Reading Festival - whoever is bookingbands for Festival Republic used to have my ear, now they very much don't.

I'm sure some people think this is amazing but I'm reluctantly a no yet again.  It will probably struggle to sell out again too - that never used to be the case.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, LowerMead said:

My thoughts entirely.

Latitude is very family friendly, we had a kid in 2015 and last went that year (New Order/The Maccabees/The National headliners). I thought I would be a long-term shoe in as an attendee, had been to pretty much all of them up to that point.

However since 2016 it's completely gone off the boil for me musically. Every year I'm waiting to drop a load of wedge on 3 weekenders and a campervan ticket, the line-up comes out and my meh-o-meter goes into overload. 

Ditto Reading Festival - whoever is bookingbands for Festival Republic used to have my ear, now they very much don't.

I'm sure some people think this is amazing but I'm reluctantly a no yet again.  It will probably struggle to sell out again too - that never used to be the case.

Definitely agree re 2016 being the last really good lineup. 

I went in 2015 because well, Portishead - how could I not? Then 2016 was absolutely littered with fantastic acts. Could not wait for 2017 lineup release and then...meh...

It's never had a bad lineup but nothing overly impressive the last few years.