Latitude 2019

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

On 2/28/2019 at 3:13 PM, retromoz said:

I do kinda agree with this. Us veteran 'tuders know there will ALWAYS be something on. 

However......I also think that the headliners are a 'tentpole' to the whole weekend. When you talk to non festival goers and they ask whos headlining the festivals you are going to, having to say LAna Del Ray, Snow PAtrolzzzz and Little Georgie Ezzzzzra is REALLY demoralising. And, whilst the headliners are on, the only other stage which will have music on would be the BBC music stage (the frankily FANTASTIC Lake & Sunrise stages do finish earlier, around 10...). And this year, we seem to have Slaves (enjoyable for 5 minutes, then very tedius) And PRimal Scream (who in recent times, never seem to be bothered anymore....). So....whilst I agree with your point, it would be nice to see something 'good' headlining somewhere......

And, i think, thats where the negativity comes from.....

this.

On 2/28/2019 at 3:13 PM, retromoz said:

(the frankily FANTASTIC Lake & Sunrise stages do finish earlier, around 10...).

While I pretty much agree with the spirit of what you say, it's surely been awhile since Sunrise closed that early. It's been my salvation many a year since, with BEAK> at that time of night being a particular fond memory. So do come along this year and huddle with the rest of us escaping from Mr Ezra et al - its open for business.

That said, during the Mumfordgate stage shutdown I did have to resort to watching Keith Allen playing the bongos in the Alcove, so I take your point.

7 hours ago, gregory said:

Who're we thinking for the 3rd BBC Music Stage headline slot? Thom? Suede? 

Thom Yorke would be good. I'm hoping for a bit of a surprise. Would love MBV but am expecting Chvrches. Got to be a second announcement soon, line up is looking thin compared to most!

Hoping that this announcement is a little more niche seeing as the first one seemed to be tailored to appeal to the masses. Some more acts in the vein of Khruangbin and RBCF would be nice.

I read through some Facebook comments and saw somebody had heard The Kooks on the grapevine which would be dire but unsurprising.

2 hours ago, suttttttt said:

Hoping that this announcement is a little more niche seeing as the first one seemed to be tailored to appeal to the masses. Some more acts in the vein of Khruangbin and RBCF would be nice.

I read through some Facebook comments and saw somebody had heard The Kooks on the grapevine which would be dire but unsurprising.

The Kooks, along with Gomez, Neneh Cherry, Primal Scream, Underworld and Snow Patrol make it look more like a line-up from ten or fifteen years ago so I'm with you in hoping for something slightly more current and less for the masses!

Lots of good stuff in there for me, most have cropped up at the fest before but I strongly recommend Foxing - some great alt-rock, ffo: Hail to the Thief/In Rainbows, or Br*nd New if the singer wasn't an abuser.

This and/or Green Man and I'm set for a lovely summer

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, evannn said:

Lots of good stuff in there for me, most have cropped up at the fest before but I strongly recommend Foxing - some great alt-rock, ffo: Hail to the Thief/In Rainbows, or Br*nd New if the singer wasn't an abuser.

This and/or Green Man and I'm set for a lovely summer

Very much this. Read through all the new acts, listing off all the acts that play every other festival at some point in an average album cycle but let out a rather audible gasp when I saw Foxing's name. They don't tend to play UK festivals and for them to play Latitude of all the festivals is surprising but its a great booking. Saw them last year co-headlining a tour with Pianos Become The Teeth and booked a ticket earlier this week to see them in Brighton. Great band

• Like 1

How do we think the 'closing set' from Underworld will go? What time will they play? it'll be Snow Patrol - EvEv - Underworld without much clashing? 

Putting the 2/9 headliners which are female against each other (The Japanese House & Lana) is dumb.

Edited by gregory

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

And just like that, it’s good again.

well it  is different strokes for different folks i suppose..

Whilst i dont like to sit at the Obelisk every night watching acts i have seen before, this line-up gives me : Ezra vs Primal Scream / Snow Patrol vs Everything Everything / Lana del Ray vs Slaves...

Now i could indeed spend my late evening with Teleman, Ray BLK & Japanese House up in the woods and have a great time seeing 3 artists that i have never seen before...  but it is still costing me 220 quid....

I just wonder what they have spent my money on.?

and the 40,000 others they hope to get through the gate...

Edited by BlueDaze