Latitude 2019

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

I’m a big new music fan and the Lake Stage line up is excellent.

Another Sky are top notch live - sort of early Radiohead meets Sigur Ros meets London Grammar meets an indie band.

Also Squid, Self Esteem, Art School Girlfriend, Easy Life, Chappaaqua Wrestling, She Drew The Gun....

basically pretty much everything on that stage I’m happy about. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, David B said:

Don't suppose anybody knows much about the family campsite and taking your trailer in loaded up. Saw lots do it last year whilst I was lugging trolleys and multiple trips and was interested for this year.

What is it that you want to know? We've been going for the past seven years and it's a new phenomena that's taken place over the past couple of years. Seems an eminently sensible idea to me if you own a trailer and it didn't seem to be an issue with staff at all.

1 hour ago, swelsbyuk said:

What is it that you want to know? We've been going for the past seven years and it's a new phenomena that's taken place over the past couple of years. Seems an eminently sensible idea to me if you own a trailer and it didn't seem to be an issue with staff at all.

We saw people doing it last year and looks very handy. Didn't see people wheeling them back out empty so didn't know if they were keeping them by their tent?

Also didn't want to get there loaded up and find not allowed to take it in lol 

1 hour ago, Hs8 said:

Will there be a surprise/secret act to be added to the line up (like Gallagher last year or two door the before) if so what's Likly 

The set seemed pretty popular and was a bit of an on the day coup so I wouldn't be surprised if they did it again. Regarding availability (and personal hope!) I think Florence and the Machine could be an option or Foals perhaps... However The Twilight Sad seem to be appearing anywhere The Cure are, but one can dream 

On 4/9/2019 at 6:41 PM, suttttttt said:

Pigs X7 and A Place To Bury Strangers on the Sunrise are definitely going to scare the shit out of some of the typical Latitude contingent! 

Overall really pleased with the undercard, so much to get stuck in to. Just a shame its a bit a bottom heavy line up.

Crows. I will say no more.

On 5/2/2019 at 6:56 PM, Chapple12345 said:

The set seemed pretty popular and was a bit of an on the day coup so I wouldn't be surprised if they did it again. Regarding availability (and personal hope!) I think Florence and the Machine could be an option or Foals perhaps... However The Twilight Sad seem to be appearing anywhere The Cure are, but one can dream 

i sadly think you are dreaming... which is not surprising this year for a bloke from Norwich.

6 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

i sadly think you are dreaming... which is not surprising this year for a bloke from Norwich.

It appears to be the case that there are a couple of empty slots compared to the other days like last year, my potential dream continues! 

4 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

It appears to be the case that there are a couple of empty slots compared to the other days like last year, my potential dream continues! 

well, i hope you get your wish...

this year is the first i have missed since 2013.. shame but it just doesnt float my boat this year.

6 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

this year is the first i have missed since 2013.. shame but it just doesnt float my boat this year.

İ missed 2013 too as that for me was one of their weakest but this year has a lot of appeal to me personally, especially as I've always wanted to see Lana Del Rey. 

Then again I always feel with festivals that one man's trash is another man's treasure 

1 minute ago, Chapple12345 said:

İ missed 2013 too as that for me was one of their weakest but this year has a lot of appeal to me personally, especially as I've always wanted to see Lana Del Rey. 

Then again I always feel with festivals that one man's trash is another man's treasure 

amen to that... be pretty shit if we all liked the same.

On 5/3/2019 at 12:08 PM, Muffinmaiden said:

Day splits up and it’s looking stacked on the Sunday for me but not too much on the Friday and Saturday.

Sunday is going to be a very girl power day for me Let’s eat grandma>big moon>pale waves> cat power> Sigrid>chvrches>Lana!

Same for me. Sunday is going to be challenging due to clashes. Friday and saturday much easier.

It is a really dull line-up this year indeed. Noticed that Latitude didn't feature in the Guardian's festival guide this year - not that that's the bible on festivals but it is a bit of a reflection.

The three Obelisk headliners are all good but are they really headliners for a major festival? And there's increasingly a lot of repeat bands - Lana Dull Ray being one of them. There's lots of good underliners but i expect a bit more from such a pricey ticket. We'd already got tickets but this will be the last time the family will be going I suspect - shame as we've been to all but two since it started. 

@latitude, if you're going to add some more bands.... Hookworms in the big top would make me very happy!

10 hours ago, suttttttt said:

They have confirmed on twitter (in a reply to somebody) that Street Feast are back again this year with specific vendors coming soon. Great news.

Agreed. They also responded yesterday to an email I sent them two weeks ago asking if the Co-op are returning. They are.

Suspect an announcement encompassing both is incoming.