Latitude 2019

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

Yeah it's the "rabble" that brought London to a stand still, what do you fear ?

42 minutes ago, Smeble said:

Excuse my ignorance but is that a band called extinction rebellion or the actual rabble that bought London to a standstill? If it’s the latter then I fear for the festival, 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Smeble said:

Excuse my ignorance but is that a band called extinction rebellion or the actual rabble that bought London to a standstill? If it’s the latter then I fear for the festival, 

It's the latter. No need to fear for the festival though, they're just concerned about the end of the world. No biggie.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Smeble said:

With an audience like they have at Latitude, their biggest concern will be a half drunk bottle of water on the side of a path! 

They were at Glastonbury as well, however they didn't doing anything prominent nor to the scale of what they were doing round London, they're probably collaborating with the festival with their eco ethos 

= EDIT =

Checked the website, these are the non-violent protesters and they're doing a couple of talks about climate change during the festival so nothing to worry about 

Screenshot_20190711-221230.jpg

Edited by Chapple12345

7 hours ago, john847 said:

do we think Tom Misch will come on for r loyle Carner like he did at glasto?

Rappers regularly have guest artists come out for performances so it wouldn't be surprising. 

On a similar note, anyone have any predictions for guest appearances during sets? Mine is Gary Lightbody making an appearance with Stereophonics to make up for Snow Patrols cancellation 

To be honest Ive been a fan of Latitude for a number of years but can't see it lasting much longer to be honest. The identity it had has gone. The line up is really poor this year, bouncing between new mostly unheard of cheaper acts and really beige Radio Two fair. Where has the money been spent on these acts. There is no one near the budget of the Killers. Unless they pull it out the bag with with a decent surprise act of the like of LG like last year I fear there isn't going to be much to remember it by. And no I don't consider Frank Turner a real crowd pleaser or talking point.

The camping situation has put a lot of noses out of joint and FR seem to be more interested in pushing all their corporate sponsors on their social channels than keeping the punters updated as to who's playing, times etc etc.

I loved Latitude and have gone along with my brother and families for a number of years but this is without a doubt our last one. Can someone please sadly turn the lights out when we leave this year

Edited by ORLANDO
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, ORLANDO said:

The camping situation has put a lot of noses out of joint and FR seem to be more interested in pushing all their corporate sponsors on their social channels than keeping the punters updated as to who's playing, times etc etc.

By the camping situation - do you mean the expansion of family camping into fields that were previously general camping?

Surely that's going to be a straight logistics thing - they know exactly how many tickets they've sold for family camping, and how many they've sold for general. If they've massively increased the size, it'll be because that's where the ticket sales have been.

23 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

RIP to Yellow general camping, completely absorbed into family camping this year. 

Anyone else think thats a bit of an odd choice? Family camping put right up to what i think will be one of the loudest parts of the festival (main entrance to arena / all the Village)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, incident said:

By the camping situation - do you mean the expansion of family camping into fields that were previously general camping?

Surely that's going to be a straight logistics thing - they know exactly how many tickets they've sold for family camping, and how many they've sold for general. If they've massively increased the size, it'll be because that's where the ticket sales have been.

I understand the logic. Its just odd, putting them right near the entrance, where those pesky yoofs used to get their party on. For example, why not utilise the family campervan area for family camping and put family campervans somewhere else? Now, those yoof partiers (I wish i was young) will infiltrate the red campers, which will piss them off etc....

• Upvote 1

On 7/12/2019 at 11:45 AM, gregory said:

Where is the Frank Turner rumour from? 

Anyone asked them about stage times yet?

I'd assume this. Found it in the app yesterday. It says podcast but I assume he's actually going to be there recording the podcast? I can't imagine they'd just be playing it in the background? 

And if he is there doing the podcast, you'd hope he'd be playing some kind of a set at some point. 

Screenshot_20190712-215832.png

37 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Weird thought I had laying in bed, will all the festival merchandise have the correct lineup on due to Snow Patrols cancellation or would it have been too late for it to be corrected? 

Someone asked the festival this question a couple of days ago on social media and they confirmed that the merch will have Stereophonics and not Snow Patrol.

• Like 1

Very relieved personally, my only clashes are the acts that I've previously seen so wasn't too bothered about if I missed them this time, the comedy also works in my favour as normally it clashes with other acts during the day like Harry Hill and Liam Gallagher last year (don't judge my taste ?