Jump to content

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, suttttttt said:

They have confirmed on twitter (in a reply to somebody) that Street Feast are back again this year with specific vendors coming soon. Great news.

Agreed. They also responded yesterday to an email I sent them two weeks ago asking if the Co-op are returning. They are.

Suspect an announcement encompassing both is incoming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

announcement tomorrow at 12. Is there a possibility of anyone exciting being announced?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tobydlb said:

announcement tomorrow at 12. Is there a possibility of anyone exciting being announced

I'm going for an The National/alt-j super group performance 😂

As mentioned above I imagine it'll be related to the food provided and perhaps a few minor acts for music/comedy but it could be a welcome surprise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BBC Suffolk introducing acts announced this morning, I wouldn’t be surprised if the third lake stage headliner is announced today. Also some old crowd pleasing duffers for early afternoon on the obelisk, probably 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, haven't been able to afford Latitude this year, so booked concerts around UK instead (The National, Confidence Man, Aurora, The Chemical Brothers & Sigrid) but looking at the line-up, quite a confusing, jumbled one this year! Lana yeah, Sigrid & Aurora plus Let's Eat Grandma, my kind of stuff. Only five acts I'm really putting all my hopes on next year will be Sigur Ros, The National, The Lumineers, Ólafur Arnalds and Tom Rosenthal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, tobydlb said:

will the BBC stage headliners clash with obelisk?

Normally they do, but the obelisk headliners usually start earlier so there is an overlap usually of about 15-30 minutes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doors open six weeks today but we still seem to have a few gaps here and there. An announcement today to fill those would be nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

Doors open six weeks today but we still seem to have a few gaps here and there. An announcement today to fill those would be nice.

Richard Curtis has just been confirmed to be at the festival as they're having a showing of his new film 'Yesterday' which was filmed at last year's festival - I'm also noticing they're an act short on the Friday at the Obelisk and missing the set times which will hopefully be announced soon so still more to come 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2019 at 4:16 PM, Chapple12345 said:

Richard Curtis has just been confirmed to be at the festival as they're having a showing of his new film 'Yesterday' which was filmed at last year's festival - I'm also noticing they're an act short on the Friday at the Obelisk and missing the set times which will hopefully be announced soon so still more to come 

Set times usually don't start appearing till the week of the festival.

The posters do seem to have a couple of gaps though - most notably a sub on the Saturday Obelisk (with Loyle Carner and Chvrches, unless that's just bad poster formatting) and one on the Friday (probably a special opening act like the Go! Team last year). One missing in the tent on Sunday too.

LAT_19_STAGESPLITS_Food_More_5429_15_OBELISK-800x800.jpg

Edited by Brainy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Brainy said:

The posters do seem to have a couple of gaps though - most notably a sub on the Saturday Obelisk (with Loyle Carner and Chvrches, unless that's just bad poster formatting) 

I was thinking it was bad formatting because of the Underworld logo, which again confuses me if Underworld are on after Snow Patrol but they're still higher ranked, I had the same annoyance last year with The Killers being miles above the other headliners on last years poster 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

I was thinking it was bad formatting because of the Underworld logo, which again confuses me if Underworld are on after Snow Patrol but they're still higher ranked, I had the same annoyance last year with The Killers being miles above the other headliners on last years poster 😂

Good point! I think my confusion has come from not knowing who the hell Tom Grennan is, or how he could be essentially subbing at a major festival.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Brainy said:

Good point! I think my confusion has come from not knowing who the hell Tom Grennan is, or how he could be essentially subbing at a major festival.

I know a couple (literally) of his songs which makes me unsure if he's actually subbing or if Marina is instead, she's arguably more well known for her music under Marina and the Diamonds but we'll see, but all things considered Snow Patrol will probably be on earlier (around 8:30pm I reckon) for their set as Underworld are closing the stage that day so it may not be the usual subbing slot at all 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

I know a couple (literally) of his songs which makes me unsure if he's actually subbing or if Marina is instead, she's arguably more well known for her music under Marina and the Diamonds but we'll see, but all things considered Snow Patrol will probably be on earlier (around 8:30pm I reckon) for their set as Underworld are closing the stage that day so it may not be the usual subbing slot at all 

This is purely guesswork on my part but I suspect SP will be 8 to 9.30 and Underworld from 10 to 11.

I reckon this has been done to break up the times day ticket holders leave the site, as there were reports of two hour queues to leave last year following The Killers' set.

In addition, I also think FR has realised that SP's draw as headliner is not what it once was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there an 11pm curfew on the Obelisk?

The only comparable thing would be when Jack Garrett headlined the tent after the Mumfords in 2017. He was on 11-12, which is what I was guessing they might do for Underworld - so Snow Patrol do 9-10:30, and there's just enough space to squeeze someone else in.

Edited by Brainy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The curfew is normally 11 but as you say there have been some exceptions, the only other I can think of was The Killers finishing about 20 minutes after the curfew, I think Underworld be on from around 10:30-11:30/45 as a one off performance after the curfew probably wouldn't hurt but no later than midnight 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we think there's going to be any surprises this year, and if so who/ where would they go?

They've not been trailing anything like they did with Liam last year, but there's usually something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There could potentially be a surprise act announced on the day on the main stage like with Rudimental in 2014, but as mentioned before they hinted at a secret set from this time last year but haven't mentioned anything as of yet. 

With regards to who it could be.... God knows! 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Brainy said:

Snow Patrol are cancelling gigs after their guitarist injured his hand. They’ve only cancelled three so far, but it sounds pretty serious 

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/snow-patrol-tour-tickets-refund-16407179

It sure does sound serious and isn't something you'd risk doing with just 3 gigs, they've got several other high profile festivals coming too like Glastonbury and TRNSMT which makes me think if they don't perform at them then they won't be performing at Latitude which begs the question what will they do if it does happen 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

It sure does sound serious and isn't something you'd risk doing with just 3 gigs, they've got several other high profile festivals coming too like Glastonbury and TRNSMT which makes me think if they don't perform at them then they won't be performing at Latitude which begs the question what will they do if it does happen 

has anything like this happened before and if so what happened then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, tobydlb said:

has anything like this happened before and if so what happened then?

Two Door Cinema Club pulled out late in the day in 2013(?) Lily Allen replaced them, and they came back a few years later, billed as a ‘returning headliner’ (seriously).

Modest Mouse also cancelled one year and were replaced with Texas, who were surprisingly good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they have to cancel then they need a bigger name to show off a bit but I fear knowing Latitude they may go for a basic and simple option... But who could it realistically be if they do? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...