Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2019

Gnomicide

16 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Miami Horror, She Wants Revenge, Funeral Party (reunion, I believe)... the detail on this thing is outrageous. It’s like Shiiine for the MySpace generation.

With the Shiny Toy Guns inclusion too I'm having trouble believing it's not just an old poster.

Seeing the drain-circling a load of other bands of 2008ish hype vintage are now doing just reminds me how remarkable it is that Los Campesinos! have continued to make successful and substantial changes to their lineup and sound while still keeping a loyal fanbase and winning new ones round with every new album.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Somewhere in Moscow, an otherwise mild mannered man has just shouted "c**t!" and he doesn't yet know why. 

Hahahaha, i did actually bellow that while catching up on this thread, and before I’d seen your post. Look at the fucking state of them in that poster. 

2019 is already shaping up to be an utter shitshow of a year for the planet. The last thing we need on top of trump, brexit, putin and global warming is another fucking Wonderstuff tour.

3 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Hahahaha, i did actually bellow that while catching up on this thread, and before I’d seen your post. Look at the fucking state of them in that poster. 

2019 is already shaping up to be an utter shitshow of a year for the planet. The last thing we need on top of trump, brexit, putin and global warming is another fucking Wonderstuff tour.

Do they still wheel Vic Reeves out?

Could be another singularity risk from the sheer number of spontaneous cringe-implosions. 

Just now, Wooderson said:

Do they still wheel Vic Reeves out?

Could be another singularity risk from the sheer number of spontaneous cringe-implosions. 

Vic is a local in my record shop. I’m often browsing the racks next to him. It could just be my imagination, but i’m sure i see a fleeting grimace of pain cross his face when he flicks hurredly past anything by Miles & co.

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Seeing the drain-circling a load of other bands of 2008ish hype vintage are now doing just reminds me how remarkable it is that Los Campesinos! have continued to make successful and substantial changes to their lineup and sound while still keeping a loyal fanbase and winning new ones round with every new album.

They’re not winning new fans mate. Those are the old ones’ significant others and friends from work who have been dragged along.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

They’re not winning new fans mate. Those are the old ones’ significant others and friends from work who have been dragged along.

This is a spurious lie. The modern day LC! gig has an extremely high engagement ratio amongst the audience, no passengers to be seen. Almost cult-like in the hive mind devotion seen in the crowd. Also many many audience members are spry wee youths who would've been only bothered about jam butties and trading WWE stickers at playtime when the first 2 albums came out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

This is a spurious lie. The modern day LC! gig has an extremely high engagement ratio amongst the audience, no passengers to be seen. Almost cult-like in the hive mind devotion seen in the crowd. Also many many audience members are spry wee youths who would've been only bothered about jam butties and trading WWE stickers at playtime when the first 2 albums came out.

Dawg, I bet you can go on the Wonder Stuff’s Facebook page and that they’re all saying the same thing about the Stuffies as you are about Los Camp.

16 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Feeling personally attacked by this. I'll have you know I've converted two mates onto them, one even came to a gig without having to be dragged

19 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

i thought they broke up long ago, their wiki has no updates on what they've been doing since 2013. I remember the singer did the vocals for the Paris Hilton album demos (and allegedly the real ones too).

Wow, that's the first I've heard about that. Amazing too because I loved Shiny Toy Guns back then. They were one of the better electro-pop-rock acts of those days at cutting it live.

(and also I had the Paris Hilton album)