Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2019

Gnomicide

On 2/7/2019 at 12:12 PM, The Nal said:

How much of this soft-ripened brie will end up at the farm?

Holly Johnson, Jimmy Somerville and Heaven 17 added too. 

Dt5sJgxW4AA5_kF.jpg

Heaven 17 and The Human League on the same bill, FIGHT!!. I will hold the jackets, whch is not to be taken lightlly, as those padded shoulders weighed a ton.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2019 at 3:12 PM, The Nal said:

How much of this soft-ripened brie will end up at the farm?

Holly Johnson, Jimmy Somerville and Heaven 17 added too. 

Dt5sJgxW4AA5_kF.jpg

Hothouse flowers have shown up a few times, right?

13 minutes ago, Hawros said:

They effectively have 2 headliners each night. Sometimes it's the big band, then a late-night dancier act. Sometimes not.

There are 2 rock bands. The Cure are listed after/below Tool.

And they're not headlining Hurricane either (on 2nd stage opposite Foos).

Does this really tally with their headlining Glasto? I suppose they may be bigger here than anywhere else, but it feels a bit odd.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, johnnypark said:

Spoke to White Lies after their gig last night, said they wouldn't be playing this year, don't know if they were ever mentioned or not, but one to rule out.

Sake. Skipped last night's gig because of the price and thought they were a given for Glasto. Bugger!

37 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Hence the 'sometimes not'.

2 headliners each night for Werchter.

I'm in the camp that they could headline Other - it'd be against a strong Pyramid booking, making me think not at all likely.

Edited by Hawros

48 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

And they're not headlining Hurricane either (on 2nd stage opposite Foos).

Does this really tally with their headlining Glasto? I suppose they may be bigger here than anywhere else, but it feels a bit odd.

I have struggled to get my head around the Cure headlining the pyramid since I first heard the rumour

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Even though The Cure aren’t the biggest Pyramid headliner, they’re miles bigger than any act that’s ever headlined Other. It’s top of the Pyramid or nothing for them.

Not sure I see that it is top of the biggest stage in the festival universe or nothing when they aren't even headlining smaller festivals.

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

They headlined and sold out Hyde Park last year. That puts them on a different  footing to mooted Other Stage headliners Foals, The Streets and Wool Phallus. 

Acts as big as LCD, Chemicals and Bjork have all headlined other stage recently but I do agree that this year I can’t see them anywhere but as a pyramid headline 

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Even though The Cure aren’t the biggest Pyramid headliner, they’re miles bigger than any act that’s ever headlined Other. It’s top of the Pyramid or nothing for them.

I take a similar view of the Cure as Other headliners as I do of the case for a no-deal Brexit; to spend time arguing against the point lends it an undue impression of legitimacy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ghostdancer1 said:

The Cure are headlining the vast majority of the festivals they're playing this year. Subbing a few probably has something to do with them not being able to do back-to-back nights anymore, so it's either sub Foo Fighters at Hurricane/Southside, or not play.

They're not subbing there. They have 4 headliners and I guess The Cure has the smallest stage/don't care/I don't know so they're going to play on the 2nd stage. They'll overlap like 5 minutes with Foo Fighters. Rock am Ring does the same thing, a few years ago they had Foo Fighters and Slipknot as 2 biggest headliners and both played on the same day.