Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2019

Gnomicide

To clarify I don't hate the O2 but it's you know massive and far away from where I live and the drinks are shit and expensive. The sound is generally good and the atmosphere can be great. Seen some belters there such as Nick Cave and Leonard Cohen. It's so much better than Wembley. But just not really into the idea of seeing Massive Attack there somehow.

So anyone think they'll be at the fest? When did they last play? 2013?

24 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

To clarify I don't hate the O2 but it's you know massive and far away from where I live and the drinks are shit and expensive. The sound is generally good and the atmosphere can be great. Seen some belters there such as Nick Cave and Leonard Cohen. It's so much better than Wembley. But just not really into the idea of seeing Massive Attack there somehow.

Only thing I've seen in the O2 (we're talking Millennium dome right?) was Prince doing his in his words "So many hits" So many medleys. :(

I'm still trying to forgive him for dying and denying us a full live rendition of Raspberry Beret. I still lament what could have been the greatest Pyramid show of all time. 

Edited by H.M.V
trying to sound less of an arsehole and a feeble attempt at grammar

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

2014 vs Kasabian. Don't see them being there next year.

43 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Only thing I've seen in the O2 (we're talking Millennium dome right?) was Prince doing his in his words "So many hits" So many medleys. :(

I'm still trying to forgive him for dying and denying us a full live rendition of Raspberry Beret. I still lament what could have been the greatest Pyramid show of all time. 

So gutting. Honestly can't imagine anything better than seeing Prince on the Pyramid (or pymild) Stage.

Remember so well when I heard he'd died. Was having a nice barbeque with my seminar group and was walking back to my flat next door to have a piss and get a jacket when I got a few messages from my friends saying Prince had apparently died. Didn't really believe it until I got back and had a proper look and saw that he had actually seemingly died. Didn't bother going back out as I was just sat in my room blasting Prince, gutted about it. I remember being sat in my room drinking alone listening to Prince, when my flatmates convinced me to come out that night. If anyone knows Newcastle we went to Gotham that night and I asked the DJ to play some Prince (as a group we always went there so the DJ knew us and always played our requests). I thought he'd play some upbeat shit and he stuck Purple Rain on and fuck me it was miserable. Because he knew us and our requests so well he always played them when we came in*, so for a while every time we came in he played Purple Rain which was depressing.

*main ones I remember him doing that with were Chems - Go, Libs - What a Waster, Bowie - Rebel Rebel, Talking Heads - Psycho Killer and Muse - Psycho**

**surprisingly requested by my flatmates, not me

Edit: :( I can't even imagine what it's gonna feel like when my favourite musicians who weren't already old start to die. Even though I hate Muse now I think Matt Bellamy dying will ruin me. I remember my mum telling me about how she felt when she got up one morning and saw that Freddie Mercury had died and crying watching the news. Cba.

Edited by Gucci Piggy

Rammstein are touring... they're free Saturday and Sunday. They've said Milton Keynes bowl is their only UK date, but wouldn't be the first time someone's said that for it to turn out to not be true... I reckon they could put an amazing show on the Pyramid, but shame that I just can't see it. Every now and again we'll get a headliner who people act like isn't a "Glastonbury act", Metallica, Kanye, they'd be another.

2 minutes ago, RichardWaller said:

Rammstein are touring... they're free Saturday and Sunday. They've said Milton Keynes bowl is their only UK date, but wouldn't be the first time someone's said that for it to turn out to not be true... I reckon they could put an amazing show on the Pyramid, but shame that I just can't see it. Every now and again we'll get a headliner who people act like isn't a "Glastonbury act", Metallica, Kanye, they'd be another.

Yeah I just don’t see it happening, they’d put on one hell of a show.

Now Slipknot on the other stage, let’s get behind that 

3 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Yeah I just don’t see it happening, they’d put on one hell of a show.

Now Slipknot on the other stage, let’s get behind that 

Hah, think that's even less likely! Not a fan meself, mind. Maybe there could be space for some Corey Taylor acoustic, I'd go to that, looks fun.

8 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

If anyone knows Newcastle we went to Gotham that night and I asked the DJ to play some Prince (as a group we always went there so the DJ knew us and always played our requests). I thought he'd play some upbeat shit and he stuck Purple Rain on and fuck me it was miserable. 

Surely the go-to Prince joint for Gotham should be Batdance

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, RichardWaller said:

Rammstein really would only get Other headliner...they aren't the same status band as Metallica or as wide appeal in even names of songs. I don't think it would happen but it is a case probably of now or never now...I don't think it's something that either party would look at though.

On 11/2/2018 at 10:40 AM, Hugh Jass said:

Blossoms have sold out a stadium in Stockport.

In London they are subbing the pissing Kooks.

True, but two things to bear in mind:

* Edgeley Park isn't massive. I live in Edgeley, I should know.

* The Kooks are miles bigger at the moment than any reasonable person would assume.

But yeah, point taken. Blossoms do sell a lot more tickets in Stockport.

Edited by stuartbert two hats