Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2019

Gnomicide

13 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yeah I mean if they do keep headlining arenas and major festivals for the foreseeable then I can see it happening; I'm just unsure whether I see that happening, really. Will be interesting to see what they do next Summer as I think they're more likely to do something like APE than something like IOW.

Tbf the lines between these things have been getting blurred in the past few years. More punters went to see Nick Cave at APE than went to Isle of Wight 2017, Noel Gallagher performed to festivals half the size of the arenas he was packing out. If I saw Foals headlining something like APE I wouldn't be like "yeah they're only as big as whoever else is playing", but obviously if they weren't given headline status at a festival in 2019 then that'd be it done.

1 hour ago, kingbadger said:

Can't see Lynyrd Skynyrd playing 5 days on the bounce, though they'd be pretty decent in the Motorhead/ZZ Top slot, if that's even a thing.

Let's face it, they could throw in 5 random blokes in big hats, as long as they have a decent stab at the hit, no-one would be any the wiser. 

32 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Let's face it, they could throw in 5 random blokes in big hats, as long as they have a decent stab at the hit, no-one would be any the wiser. 

Exactly .... cos aren't most of them, erm, dead.

Sweet Home Alabama is a tune though!

11 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Exciting news about Kraftwerk. Kraftwek, Hot Chip and Orbital for West Holts? I'll take it!

I'd love Kraftwerk to do Glastonbury again, I didn't go in 2015.. Wondering if it's too soon for em again though, was that their first? Don't recall seeing em on a lineup before then.

1 minute ago, RichardWaller said:

I'd love Kraftwerk to do Glastonbury again, I didn't go in 2015.. Wondering if it's too soon for em again though, was that their first? Don't recall seeing em on a lineup before then.

Eh? Pretty sure they didn't play in 2015. If they did I'm gutted I missed it! I don't think they've ever played but someone can correct me I'm sure...

5 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Presume this is already common knowledge but just got an email they Chemical Brothers are doing APE. Surely a shoe in for Glasto return then?

Shoo-in ;)

but yeah, thems and Hot Chip seem very likely with new albums and the behind the scenes connection to the festival.

1 minute ago, RichardWaller said:

They didn’t play in ‘15. Never played, even. Think they’d be Other or nada though.

On 11/5/2018 at 9:44 AM, dentalplan said:

I remember some random absolutely ages ago on here saying Alice in Chains had been booked to play the Pyramid in 2019.

He didn't say Pyramid, just that they were in talks to play the festival. His subsequent posts don't give much cause to believe him, but it remains a very odd thing indeed to have invented.

Re APE, were any of their acts promoted as exclusives last year?

37 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Eh? Pretty sure they didn't play in 2015. If they did I'm gutted I missed it! I don't think they've ever played but someone can correct me I'm sure...

36 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Shoo-in ;)

but yeah, thems and Hot Chip seem very likely with new albums and the behind the scenes connection to the festival.

They didn’t play in ‘15. Never played, even. Think they’d be Other or nada though.

Lol where did I get that from? I could've sworn I'd seen footage of em headlining West Holts. Must've dreamt it..

4 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

He didn't say Pyramid, just that they were in talks to play the festival. His subsequent posts don't give much cause to believe him, but it remains a very odd thing indeed to have invented.

Re APE, were any of their acts promoted as exclusives last year?

That’s really odd, I could’ve sworn Pyramid was mentioned and that’s why it never really went anywhere. Throw us the link to the post.

And there were some exclusives like “only UK show of 2018” for The National at least. Don’t think they really claimed anything on the undercard. 

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

That’s really odd, I could’ve sworn Pyramid was mentioned and that’s why it never really went anywhere. Throw us the link to the post.

And there were some exclusives like “only UK show of 2018” for The National at least. Don’t think they really claimed anything on the undercard. 

Were The YYY's an exclusive? Don't recall them playing anywhere else this year.

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Were The YYY's an exclusive? Don't recall them playing anywhere else this year.

I don’t think they were claimed as one but they didn’t end up playing anywhere else. And of course, even if an act isn’t explicitly an exclusive it doesn’t mean they have any other festival dates.