Lineup 2020

randlfan

2 hours ago, TKOCF said:

Could we see something like:

Foals//Bring Me the Horizon & Travis Scott (Co Headline)//Stormzy? 

or is that missing a “BIG” name?

I think that would be a very strong set of headliners and something for everyone. Would need some decent subs though imo 

52 minutes ago, jamieaslee said:

Anyone managed to hear the new Foals album yet? Just listened all the way through, got it early from pre order.

I've been playing Part 1 in preparation all week and slowly come around to really liking it. I really like the singles they've put out for Part 2 so hoping to wake up tomorrow to a full album of bangers.

If Foals aren't doing Glasto in some capacity I'd quite happily have them back at Reading next year.

Headlining outright before anyone dares suggest coheadlining.

The only decent thing about autumn/winter (apart from comfort food) is over analysing who is gonna play where, so here are my thoughts.  Not been to Reading for a couple of years cos the line-ups have been pretty weak for me, or I've seen it all before. Still hopeful for at least 1 day next year...

Foals - could happen as a headliner. Smashed the bejesus out of Ally Pally and I also think the smaller upcoming gigs are deliberate.

Catfish could sub-head on one day or co-head.  Seen them a few times and 3 times out of 4 they smashed it.  Popular with the tweenagers (and me, even though I am no longer a tweenager, but I think and act like one!)

The Strokes - yeah, I would love to see them, but it would have to be a good all-round day to tempt me there. Apparently did a good set at All Points East and went down well with all ages.

Blur? Hmmm. They'd be better off doing Castle Park in Colchester to cut their fine teeth again.

BMTH - massive disappointment for me as I love a lot of their songs, saw them a couple of years ago at Sziget and they didn't play 2 of their most pivotal songs and they are a just a bit too much 30STM live...

I predict Foals for Friday, Stormzy for Saturday and I could see the curveball being Coldplay for Sunday as they are releasing new material very soon.

51 minutes ago, Musemonster said:

The only decent thing about autumn/winter (apart from comfort food) is over analysing who is gonna play where, so here are my thoughts.  Not been to Reading for a couple of years cos the line-ups have been pretty weak for me, or I've seen it all before. Still hopeful for at least 1 day next year...

Foals - could happen as a headliner. Smashed the bejesus out of Ally Pally and I also think the smaller upcoming gigs are deliberate.

Catfish could sub-head on one day or co-head.  Seen them a few times and 3 times out of 4 they smashed it.  Popular with the tweenagers (and me, even though I am no longer a tweenager, but I think and act like one!)

The Strokes - yeah, I would love to see them, but it would have to be a good all-round day to tempt me there. Apparently did a good set at All Points East and went down well with all ages.

Blur? Hmmm. They'd be better off doing Castle Park in Colchester to cut their fine teeth again.

BMTH - massive disappointment for me as I love a lot of their songs, saw them a couple of years ago at Sziget and they didn't play 2 of their most pivotal songs and they are a just a bit too much 30STM live...

I predict Foals for Friday, Stormzy for Saturday and I could see the curveball being Coldplay for Sunday as they are releasing new material very soon.

That will be very good but its looking likely that Coldplay could do Glasto instead.

25 minutes ago, Lukeas said:

Any chance of RHCP playing?

Yeah, there's a chance. We don't any have any rumours yet, but there's been talk of their next album being worked on for a while. Wouldn't make them favourites by a long way tho.

I've always wanted them to turn up at Download to be honest. 

46 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Surely Travis Scott is a front runner to headline this? New album, festival tour scheduled for next year - He played wireless in 2019 so it’s unlikely he’l be back there.

I think he could be big enough to headline outright as well.

Yeah he is a front runner. Now new stuff is likely to be out in time, he's as much a given as Kendrick Lamar returning after his sub slot.

Post and Kendrick both had what would be called coheadline slots though so I don't get why anyone would be hung up on whether he does it alone or with someone headlining before him.

Edited by dentalplan

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah he is a front runner. Now new stuff is likely to be out in time, he's as much a given as Kendrick Lamar returning after his sub slot.

Post and Kendrick both had what would be called coheadline slots though so I don't get why anyone would be hung up on whether he does it alone or with someone headlining before him.

With Coachella and Lolla shows in the pipeline I imagine they will get him doing some European lolla shows too. Those tend to be around the time of R&L so I think he is very much in the running to come back.

I guess he could always come back as a coheadline - I’m not saying he wouldn’t coheadline but I wouldn’t be surprised at seeing him headlining outright. 

He’s already painting himself to be the ‘hot’ booking of 2020 with a lot of festivals supposedly having him lined up to play. Bodes well for R&L as I’m not sure what UK festivals could effectively ‘steal him’ from them.

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

With Coachella and Lolla shows in the pipeline I imagine they will get him doing some European lolla shows too. Those tend to be around the time of R&L so I think he is very much in the running to come back.

I guess he could always come back as a coheadline - I’m not saying he wouldn’t coheadline but I wouldn’t be surprised at seeing him headlining outright. 

He’s already painting himself to be the ‘hot’ booking of 2020 with a lot of festivals supposedly having him lined up to play. Bodes well for R&L as I’m not sure what UK festivals could effectively ‘steal him’ from them.

Yeah I'm saying that it's the same thing either way - doesn't mean he's being underpinned. He's one of the biggest stars in music at the moment and pretty much a god with R+L age group. You don't have to think about what Coachella, Lollapalooza, other UK festivals are doing because R+L will want him and they'll scoop him up.

Edited by dentalplan

Hey guys, aware that being a new guy this might come across as trolling, but I have it on excellent authority that R&L have booked The Strokes, Stormzy, Travis Scott and Bring Me the Horizon to headline the festival next year. I'd rather not share my source as I don't want to get them into trouble, but it's a very close friend who I know wouldn't relay false info. Just thought I'd pass it on, understand scepticism but I am certain that those are the headliners.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, AThom94 said:

Hey guys, aware that being a new guy this might come across as trolling, but I have it on excellent authority that R&L have booked The Strokes, Stormzy, Travis Scott and Bring Me the Horizon to headline the festival next year. I'd rather not share my source as I don't want to get them into trouble, but it's a very close friend who I know wouldn't relay false info. Just thought I'd pass it on, understand scepticism but I am certain that those are the headliners.

Drop @eFestivals a PM :)