Lineup 2020

randlfan

6 minutes ago, TheWrightStuff said:

Anyone seen on wiki that the 2020 headliners are stormzy, Travis scott/bmth and the strokes?

Bud, dont read into it. Happens every year. Anyone can update wiki. I could go change it. Obviously they are possible headliners but its more than likely someone just going in a changing it.

52 minutes ago, Harry_W01 said:

Tame Impala have just dropped a new single with an album coming 14th Feb 2020, any chance of them being booked? headline R1 stage possibly!

They'd headline the festival bro, a coachella and other stage at glasto headliner isn't going to headline r1

15 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

They'd headline the festival bro, a coachella and other stage at glasto headliner isn't going to headline r1

Completely forgot they headlined Coachella yeah, you can't really get bigger than that, still a possibility of them headlining you think? especially with the other names being thrown around here recently?

13 minutes ago, jj200 said:

They headlined the other stage at glasto this year so I think they are too big for radio 1 headliner.

It's weird that Tampa Impala headlined The Other Stage but Bring Me The Horizon are the ones being touted as a possible R&L headliners when they were on in the middle of the day on The Other Stage at Glastonbury this year. Of course it's largely down to Bring Me not really being a Glasto act rather than their size which got their exact spot on the line up.

11 minutes ago, jump said:

It's weird that Tampa Impala headlined The Other Stage but Bring Me The Horizon are the ones being touted as a possible R&L headliners when they were on in the middle of the day on The Other Stage at Glastonbury this year. Of course it's largely down to Bring Me not really being a Glasto act rather than their size which got their exact spot on the line up.

Well bring me headlined all points east which is smaller than Glastonbury but their day didn't sell out. The strokes headlined Lollapalooza Paris. Tame impala headlined Coachella so tame are bigger then bring me.

7 minutes ago, jj200 said:

Well bring me headlined all points east which is smaller than Glastonbury but their day didn't sell out. The strokes headlined Lollapalooza Paris. Tame impala headlined Coachella so tame are bigger then bring me.

Well headlining Coachella doesn't equate to being able to headline R&L on it's own, Black Keys and Phoenix come to mind as playing but not headlining R&L whilst headlining Coachella the same year.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Curious as to who you think the headliners would be in that event...

I shit you not but I meant to put “could have” instead of just “could”.

My thinking was, if Billie Eilish was down for coming back and headlining / they had the opportunity to get her back (and both Stormzy and Travis are in the frame) - I wonder if they would have just had those three, or called up a band and had 4 headliners.

If Reading had Billie, Stormzy, Travis what would be the point in tagging BMTH at the end of that? That trio would sell the fest out.

edit; Also my thinking comes from the fact that they supposedly do have two hip hop headliners this year. 2/3 not being a band is quite unusual for R&L.

Edited by Matt42

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

My thinking was, if Billie Eilish was down for coming back and headlining / they had the opportunity to get her back (and both Stormzy and Travis are in the frame) - I wonder if they would have just had those three, or called up a band and had 4 headliners.

If Reading had Billie, Stormzy, Travis what would be the point in tagging BMTH at the end of that? That trio would sell the fest out.

edit; Also my thinking comes from the fact that they supposedly do have two hip hop headliners this year. 2/3 not being a band is quite unusual for R&L.

They probs could have booked that trio if they'd wanted. Billie is about & doing festivals, Stormzy likely about and Travis Scott played a couple years ago too. 

1 minute ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

They probs could have booked that trio if they'd wanted. Billie is about & doing festivals, Stormzy likely about and Travis Scott played a couple years ago too. 

I think Billie is unavailable due to her choice to hammer the uk dates a few weeks before reading.

19 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Okay that's fair. I was just thinking that the headliners would be pretty bare if they were to do that - would have to be Travis, Stormzy and Drake/Eminem/Kendrick.

I think though that it'd be very strange to book many bands at all if they leaned into booking three non-band headliners. Even if some people would appreciate it, they'd know that, say, Creeper and Wolf Alice would be getting shitty crowd numbers. I don't see it happening for a long while.

I definitely don't see all non indie/rock/bands happening for a years yet i think 2 bands, 2 non bands will be the limit for a while as it would just isolate the audience so much that they won't want to go at all, 2-2 is a good balance.

On 10/28/2019 at 7:02 PM, gabrielomachado said:

where this assurance of BMTH headlining come from? i think they're not big enough even to headline Download (a "smaller" and heavy rock oriented festival) these days

Download generally book bigger headliners than Reading/Leeds and rarely book contemporary ones so it's hard to compare like that.

46 minutes ago, escapehere said:

Download generally book bigger headliners than Reading/Leeds and rarely book contemporary ones so it's hard to compare like that.

I wouldn't say that, whilst they get a few stadium acts every now and then it's largely down to would their audience accept them as headliners. Last year with Tool, Deaf Leppard and Slipknot, whilst they are established names they would struggle playing (mainly Deaf Leppard & Tool) at other fests/stadium shows. Even some of their recent headliners like Biffy or System have been used as co-headliners or subs at R&L.

Edited by jump