Lineup 2020

randlfan

4 minutes ago, Rhcp1 said:

Can you tell us when ??

My guess is because this is promoted by goldenvoice - and I know they are doing Coachella - Coachella probably have the scoop on announcing them for their first festival.

I imagine their Euro shows will be announced after jan

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

My guess is because this is promoted by goldenvoice - and I know they are doing Coachella - Coachella probably have the scoop on announcing them for their first festival.

I imagine their Euro shows will be announced after jan

Brilliant unreal news thank you mate!! 

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I hate to be a negative nancy @Andre91 but I don’t think R&L is for 2020. They are doing a goldenvoice promoted reunion show and Coachella. Sounds to me like it’s goldenvoice which have paid them enough to reunite.

If that’s true then yeah APE 2020 will probably be the one.

Oh I totally understand that I’m choosing to ignore what you’ve just said above :lol: 

Is APE run by goldenvoice too, then? 

Yeah it’s probs very annoying for you. The fact that their reunion show is a couple of days before Coachella drops it’s lineup means they’ve got them close under an exclusive lock!

Them doing APE won’t rule them out of a reading secret set though!

4 minutes ago, Bandit Tom said:

Goldenvoice UK and US are different branches right? Clutching at straws but Live Nation UK and Europe don't share acts with the different Downloads, surely it's not completely out of the running to put them in the sights for R&L? APE just seems a bit shallow for a UK comeback

Maybe they are being a bit cautious. The festivals they are doing are very safe options for them - it’s good for getting their name out there again though.

Probably going to play it safe this year and maybe hit the festival market a bit harder in 2021?

I was there in 2011 and they didn’t really get the biggest crowd. I understand things are different with a reunion but it doesn’t surprise to me to see that they might be playing it a bit safe with their initial reunion date.

You can tell that they’ve signed up with goldenvoice because GV have access to some pretty big gigs. 

A sold out show at APE will create big demand for them in 2021 I imagine. It’s a good strategy. Maybe there is a new album in the pipeline and they aren’t ready to pull off a headliner show yet.

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I was there in 2011 and they didn’t really get the biggest crowd. I understand things are different with a reunion but it doesn’t surprise to me to see that they might be playing it a bit safe with their initial reunion date.

You can tell that they’ve signed up with goldenvoice because GV have access to some pretty big gigs. 

A sold out show at APE will create big demand for them in 2021 I imagine. It’s a good strategy. Maybe there is a new album in the pipeline and they aren’t ready to pull off a headliner show yet.

This all makes sense. 

I can’t believe that they are actually back though. It’s something I never really expected to happen despite clamouring for it year after year. 

3 hours ago, syc_1818 said:

I am 16 and could probably name you 1 MCR song?? How big were they

They weren't as big as people make it out to be, yes they sold a lot of tickets to their fans but I don't think they had the widest audience....the R&L crowds which should have been their crowd didn't bring masses of people for them. There was never multiple arena dates for example at the same venues.

I wouldn't be surprised at a tour out of R&L as that festival now is far removed from the emo days of MCR. There I talk of APE but I think they may be too big for that. Headline level but on the right platform.