randlfan

Lineup 2020

1 hour ago, rfnd91 said:

I can't unerstand all tha haterd towards the Courteeners.

They are indie act as The Kooks, The Wombats etc...

Why do people really only  focus on them all the timmr. Ok, they are from Mancchster, but it's still not a reson for so much slanders.

and BTW, from spotify they have roughly 70,000 listeners monthly from London which is almost triple the number from Manchster.

It's not that they only popular up north. It's only thay their fans in the north are a lot more loyal and devoteded for them.

I think the hate is for how boring and repeated they are as a booking for this specific festival.

2014, 2016, 2018 and 2020.

And the last two have been the same slot on the same day.

In general I think they're great and their show at PRYZYM in January was one of my best recent gigs :)

3 minutes ago, R Shah said:

I think the hate is for how boring and repeated they are as a booking for this specific festival.

2014, 2016, 2018 and 2020.

And the last two have been the same slot on the same day.

In general I think they're great and their show at PRYZYM in January was one of my best recent gigs :)

The bookers of Reading has a tendency to do a lot of repeats.

For instance, Two Door apperaed also a lot in the last 9 years, but they don't get the same treatment.

I thik it's more something inhaited because they from the north.  

• Downvote 2

6 hours ago, rfnd91 said:

For instance, Two Door apperaed also a lot in the last 9 years, but they don't get the same treatment.

i dont think its anything to do with being from the north whatsoever. Its a boring booking, and they stick out like a sore thumb on the day theyve been placed on as well. 

6 hours ago, rfnd91 said:

But so door also have more than 3 good songs

Not Nineteen Forever 

Are you in Love with a Notion and

Modern Love are the only decent Courteeners songs imo

Two Door have the whole of Tourist History, plus a couple of decent ones of every album since

Sun, Sleep Alone, Lavender, Gameshow, Are We Ready, Once

7 hours ago, rfnd91 said:

I am from the north and in my opinion the hatred towards Courteeners has absolutely nothing to do with where they’re from.

8 hours ago, rfnd91 said:

I’m southern and i do actually quite like Courteeners tbh, but, i think its fair to say they haven’t released a good album since St. Jude.

Also that St. Jude Rewired album or whatever it was is awful

10 hours ago, rfnd91 said:

Why do people really only  focus on them all the timmr. Ok, they are from Mancchster, but it's still not a reson for so much slanders.

and BTW, from spotify they have roughly 70,000 listeners monthly from London which is almost triple the number from Manchster.

It's not that they only popular up north. It's only thay their fans in the north are a lot more loyal and devoteded for them.

3x as many fans in a city 10x as big - sums it up really, they are clearly more popular up north

They also take up slots bigger than they should be is the issue, two door around 3rd down/weak sub and wombats/kooks/vaccines 4th down roughly.

11 hours ago, rfnd91 said:

The Kooks are even worse if that helps

I think the main problem is that the music is just boring and uninspired. 

I wouldn’t put the Wombats (also from the north) in the same bracket, they’re far more balls out poppy and interesting

Edited by Benj

16 minutes ago, lukecork said:

Mason Ramsey is doing a secret set

Gordon’s brother?

3 hours ago, dum surfer said:

I’m southern and i do actually quite like Courteeners tbh, but, i think its fair to say they haven’t released a good album since St. Jude.

Also that St. Jude Rewired album or whatever it was is awful

I think ANNA is a superb album. I also think they've got a fair number of cracking songs scattered across the rest, including the new one.

Thought they were outstanding at Kendal Calling and while I think they're a shocking choice for a major festival headliner, I still suspect they'll put on a great show 

6 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Not Nineteen Forever 

Love ‘The Opener’ as well.

14 hours ago, rfnd91 said:

If it makes it better i hate the kooks , wombats and courteeners . In the bin with vaccines too . 

Also the courteeners are the biggest of these acts , so its only fair they get the most hate .

Edited by biggest032

9 minutes ago, biggest032 said:

If it makes it better i hate the kooks , wombats and courteeners . In the bin with vaccines too . 

Also the courteeners are the biggest of these acts , so its only fair they get the most hate .

Fair is the wrong word. Understandable is better.

15 hours ago, rfnd91 said:

The kooks and the wombats dont have a good rep here either. 

They’re easy bookings tho aren’t they, they’re not gonna have to do long negotiations with them to play, just here’s a slot where you’ve played the past couple times dyou want it again

8 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Not Nineteen Forever 

Two Door have the whole of Tourist History, plus a couple of decent ones of every album since

Sun, Sleep Alone, Lavender, Gameshow, Are We Ready, Once

Disagree, just from their new album: Heart Attack, Heavy Jacket, Better Man, Previous Parties and Hanging off Your Cloud are bangers  then you have Acrylic, In love with a Notion, Small Bones, What took you so long (watch this song live on youtube the added part of James-Tomorrow at the end of this song is amazing), Cavorting, Not nineteen Forever. 

6 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

I love Heavy Jacket

Amazing riff, awful lyrics. Great live tho.

Remember someone earlier on the forum shuddering at the thought of hearing it ringing out on the main stage....;) 

Do we think there will be an act between Courteeners and Run The Jewels? 

5 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Amazing riff, awful lyrics. Great live tho.

Remember someone earlier on the forum shuddering at the thought of hearing it ringing out on the main stage....;) 

Do we think there will be an act between Courteeners and Run The Jewels? 

No.