Lineup 2020

randlfan

19 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

CITY FUCKING MORGUE. Dan P Carter has got them for the Pit, hasn't he. 

I love them a lot but I’m fairly sure that ZillaKami is banned from the UK isn’t he? Could be wrong but could’ve sworn they had to cancel their UK shows because of that and only SosMula came over for shows

7 minutes ago, R-K1D said:

Bit of a taboo question, but who’s everyone’s nightmare headliner?

I can’t stand Blink, but I think Kendrick Lamar again he was utter shite and there were shouts of lip dubbing after wasn’t there

Edited by Gerard the Fab

19 minutes ago, ob123 said:

So does that pretty much confirm Stormzy and BMTH then? Or Foals?👀

I think that BMTH will co headline with someone, Stormzy seems to becoming a better shout every day and I think the general consensus is that Foals are playing smaller festivals this Summer

46 minutes ago, R-K1D said:

Bit of a taboo question, but who’s everyone’s nightmare headliner?

TBF I don't mind anyone headlining as long of the say 3 or 5 (two co-headlining say) headliners there's at least one i like and someone else on a different stage i can watch instead ! Of all the years i've been, these were the headliners i passed on watching......

• 2019: The 1975, Post Malone/Twenty One Pilots 
  • 2018: Kendrick Lamar, Kings of Leon
  • 2017: Eminem, Kasabian (would watch them now though)
  • 2016: Foals/Disclosure, Biffy Clyro (would watch them now though)
  • 2014: Artic Monkeys
  • 1996: None
Edited by TornShaun

1 hour ago, jonnyisRFC said:

That boardmasters line up is STRONG! Not my cup of tea at all but incredibly strong. 

Also, I love how frank carter and the rattlesnakes are only 5th down yet they played 3rd down at Reading last year. 

They were ridiculously highly placed at Reading last year, they had a tiny crowd compared to most on the main stage

7 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

I always find it weird seeing how popular and in-demand BMTH are, I remember when they were a deathcore/metalcore band 😂 I'm guessing they don't play anything off the first 3 albums any more

They did a medley of older tunes when i watched them in 2018 on their own tour! The Comedown/(I used to Make Out With) Medusa/Diamonds Aren't Forever/RE: They Have No Reflections

Edited by TornShaun

3 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

I always find it weird seeing how popular and in-demand BMTH are, I remember when they were a deathcore/metalcore band 😂 I'm guessing they don't play anything off the first 3 albums any more

They usually play a few deep cuts during big shows. Seeing them at Ally Pally (2018), the Dome and APE last year there was a nice amount. The setlists are largely based around That's The Spirit with a few cuts from Sempiternal and amo.

Edited by theesundayroast

3 hours ago, gimleydesigner said:

Also means Kings of Leon are in UK for August 🌚🌚 surely they won't TwentyEighteen us 

In theory, yes, but like Stormzy, they also have a Leeds First Direct Arena show booked. Plus they didn't exactly go down that well in 2018. So I think your fear of that happening again can probably be relaxed.

I know they're also doing Finsbury Park but Arctic Monkeys did both in 2014. And to me it looked like they did a better set for R&L.

22 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Not seen them for a loooonnggg time but I'm sure at UK festivals they dip into a bit of everything.

I don't think they'd play anything off CYB. Would love chelsea smile/Diamonds aren't forever the GHDS would be out in force.  Mental how big those albums got'em. Their evolution is class and got a great back discography to dip into.

Strokes announced shows this month in Berlin and Paris, with a Belfast one leaked on the venue's website for 6 days after Paris (suggesting a London show). Reckon thats APE out (someone on the thread for them to return) and maybe Reading too. Surely no finsbury anymore too

Edited by gfa