2018 New Music

the wonderwhy

Listened to a few newies today seeing as I've been in the library working for about a million hours.

Didn't think too much of the Robyn album on first listen, Thom Yorke's Suspiria soundtrack sounded nice but need to give it more time, boygenius EP was also nice, and this Julia Holter album sounds amazing, though I feel I need to listen to it when I can actually concentrate on what's going on as opposed to it being background noise to group theory.

Also really been enjoying the Kurt Vile album over the last few days.

13 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The Visitors-style muted masterpiece.

This is a shout, but only relatively speaking, maybe a Visitors compared to Robyn's ouevre, but still goes HAM compared to most other records.

Anybody wants a smack for their wrong opinions on the new Robyn just ask for one. If you'd like to be on the correct side of history you better laud it as this generation's answer to [summat well good] but more badass right now or woebetide ye.

On 10/26/2018 at 12:08 AM, TomViolence said:

This is a doozy. Park Stage next year pls. 

Love this

On 10/26/2018 at 10:45 AM, justanothername said:

So the boygenius ep is out two weeks early then

And can't get enough of this at the moment.

Got Julia Holter, Ty Segall, Daughters and Mr Twin Sister lined up for the weekend so looking like a pretty good week of music.

So, @dentalplan @GETOFFAMYLAWN Just putting together a playlist at her request for Mrs Woffy and her current jam is Robyn’s LP (not qqqqquite feeling it yet but getting there), that Maribou State tune and Roisin Murphy’s Jacuzzi Rollercoaster track. 

Recommendations up that alley?

It’ll be all 60s ‘girl bands’ if it were up to me. 

3 minutes ago, Woffy said:

So, @dentalplan @GETOFFAMYLAWN Just putting together a playlist at her request for Mrs Woffy and her current jam is Robyn’s LP (not qqqqquite feeling it yet but getting there), that Maribou State tune and Roisin Murphy’s Jacuzzi Rollercoaster track. 

I haven't listened to any of those things pal, sorry.

8 hours ago, Woffy said:

Check out the new/latest albums from MØ, Roosevelt, Parcels and George Fitzgerald. Think you'll find a few tracks that fit for your playlist. 

15 hours ago, Woffy said:

New Chris(tine & the Queens) album is worth a listen, might fit the groove.

Also discovered Kadhja Bonet this year, some good tunes on her album

Edited by Quark