Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

On 3/12/2024 at 10:28 PM, northernangel said:

That's outrageous to be honest I think. I know inflation but when those albums wre touring originally, they were £20/25 gigs.

Nah, Blackened Sky was £6 at Aldershot West End Centre in 2002 - or free when they played with Vex Red and Reuben.

3 hours ago, ClementsMike said:

I went to Wolves last night. Yes, the album plus the JJF cover. Really enjoyed it, place was rammed, plenty of atmosphere and it went down well.  Jake Bugg as support which would be a £40(?) gig on its own these days?

People seem a bit obsessed by it re. the cost (£75 not £90) . *shrugs* All smacks a bit of “stop enjoying what you like”. Gigs by big names are expensive. That’s it. 

Jake Bugg is a support slot man, a Jake Bugg full gig might be £40 but it'd not a full gig. £25 quids worth 

3 hours ago, ClementsMike said:

I went to Wolves last night. Yes, the album plus the JJF cover. Really enjoyed it, place was rammed, plenty of atmosphere and it went down well.  Jake Bugg as support which would be a £40(?) gig on its own these days?

People seem a bit obsessed by it re. the cost (£75 not £90) . *shrugs* All smacks a bit of “stop enjoying what you like”. Gigs by big names are expensive. That’s it. 

Most "big names" play for a lot longer than an hour. Even if I enjoyed it i'd feel ripped off. 

My favourite band is The Cure who almost always play 2h 30+. I'd be appalled if they charged £75 just to play a new album with 50 minutes of material. 

Different strokes for different folks I guess. 

Edited by beau1

10 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

Nah, Blackened Sky was £6 at Aldershot West End Centre in 2002 - or free when they played with Vex Red and Reuben.

Such is the passage of time though right? According to this, back in the year 2000, you could see Muse with Coldplay as support at Sheffield Leadmill for £8 a ticket, and that was probably top end. And apparently £9.50 when the tour called in at London Astoria a few days later. Compared ofc to nowadays where Muse and Coldplay both play venues where you'd be lucky to get a drink for £8.

Edited by charlierc

On 3/16/2024 at 9:46 AM, charlierc said:

Such is the passage of time though right? According to this, back in the year 2000, you could see Muse with Coldplay as support at Sheffield Leadmill for £8 a ticket, and that was probably top end. And apparently £9.50 when the tour called in at London Astoria a few days later. Compared ofc to nowadays where Muse and Coldplay both play venues where you'd be lucky to get a drink for £8.

I remember seeing Muse supported by Hundred Reasons at Doncaster Dome in 2001 (I think? May have been 2002) and it was f**king fantastic. Still in my top 5 of all time. I’m sure the tickets were £9 each, all in. Good times.

LG/JS are major league taking the piss with that. f**k those guys. 

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

I don't think see this mentioned as an exclusive show?, I expected him there.

What at Glasto? Can’t see him doing anything else with MK Bowl to sell out tbh.

14 hours ago, charlierc said:

This is quite the left field announcement indeed.

Can't get my head around it. Closest thing we've had to this was ALT LDN a couple of years ago, but that was in London, not the MK Bowl (65000 cap). On a sunday too. Good luck.

1 minute ago, Padjeq said:

Can't get my head around it. Closest thing we've had to this was ALT LDN a couple of years ago, but that was in London, not the MK Bowl (65000 cap). On a sunday too. Good luck.

If they're saying "many more to be announced", I'd assume that they're planning to have more than 1 stage - and so won't be configured for anywhere near the full 65k.

This is the kind of thing I love to see. Take a risk, get a good line-up, and just go for it. If I was anywhere nearer I'd be there. Lil Yachty is quality and that's a decent enough undercard. £50 is cheaper than most tickets nowadays, less than half the price of a Sleep Token ticket for example. Bangin, love it, more of this stuff please. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Gejonimo said:

This is the kind of thing I love to see. Take a risk, get a good line-up, and just go for it. If I was anywhere nearer I'd be there. Lil Yachty is quality and that's a decent enough undercard. £50 is cheaper than most tickets nowadays, less than half the price of a Sleep Token ticket for example. Bangin, love it, more of this stuff please. 

Muse at the same venue last year was £95. So yeah, as far as pricing goes, it's really impressive to see someone just go all in and try to do it their way instead.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, incident said:

If they're saying "many more to be announced", I'd assume that they're planning to have more than 1 stage - and so won't be configured for anywhere near the full 65k.

Think he told NME the idea was ten acts for the one day. There were 7 announced in the first thing yesterday, so that means 3 to go.

6 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Think he told NME the idea was ten acts for the one day. There were 7 announced in the first thing yesterday, so that means 3 to go.

That's cheeky of them. I'd say "3" falls well short of "many more".

1 hour ago, Padjeq said:

Yungblud has no other uk dates this year i don't think tbf