Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

image.png.4677b53d924586b7d5cdb138e9827965.png

and they want £55 for the Glasgow show!

ha ha ha!

still, i'm not surprised - after all, this is the same band that just re-releases the same four albums over and over again every couple of years just on crappy different colour vinyls...

(so if i, evidently, dislike them so much then why am i mentioning it? well because i was there at the start and used to love them and still love the first album... which i shall admit i have several different copies of on several different crappy coloured vinyls...)

12 minutes ago, -TLR- said:

image.png.4677b53d924586b7d5cdb138e9827965.png

and they want £55 for the Glasgow show!

ha ha ha!

still, i'm not surprised - after all, this is the same band that just re-releases the same four albums over and over again every couple of years just on crappy different colour vinyls...

(so if i, evidently, dislike them so much then why am i mentioning it? well because i was there at the start and used to love them and still love the first album... which i shall admit i have several different copies of on several different crappy coloured vinyls...)

Go on then, what is the support acts name? I'm getting Winterfweth.

4 hours ago, sedra said:

I have no idea who any of these are !

image.png

Kaytranada is a producer/dj that has a few albums that are pretty critically acclaimed, I don't remember seeing him play bigger venues than big clubs tho. Victoria Monet wrote a ton of songs for Ariana Grande and now got her own thing going. Thundercat is an amazing funky bass player...

Definitely the smallest All Points East lineup I saw so far 

On 2/24/2024 at 9:55 AM, NorthernSoul52 said:

Seen 'em twice, and the first time was a little bit hit and miss - was at the Ritz in Manchester though, which I'm less enamoured with.

Second time was at O2 Academy Leeds, another venue famed for its sound issues, but they knocked it out of the park. Tight as a drum, and it helped they were touring the hits.

Feeder tend to like playing the new record though. I'd expect at least a quarter of their set to be material from their latest, if not more. Depends if you're happy with that concession.

Where's your nearest date?

On 2/24/2024 at 10:09 AM, charlierc said:

A fairly contrasting pair of emotions though. I know they have said they have a new double album on the way, so I suspect that songs on there will feature whereas I only know a handful of songs.

Nearest show is the Oxford O2 Academy, which I had great sound at for a Band of Skulls gig and mediocre sound for a Marmozets one. And presumably main room, not the upstairs smaller room where I saw The Japanese House last October.

Think I'll wait until seeing setlists from the first few shows of their upcoming tour and see what they look like.

Was going to say similar, I've seen them loads of times and the album tour gigs usually are quite new song heavy. Fine when you like the new album (and I have liked some of the more recent ones, not all though), but with it being a double album AND the full thing not being out til after the tour its hard to judge. I'm probably giving this tour a miss for that reason. They're always brilliant live though

Doncaster Dome 2005 was my favourite gig of theirs!

Edited by efcfanwirral

29 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Has the capacity for APE reduced? Because if not, there’s no way in hell that sells out. 

I'd agree not a single act on here thats not 'defo can see them within the year somewhere at least'.

Im going to Field Day basically just to see Justice but no name of that calibre here.

17 hours ago, nikkic said:

Has the capacity for APE reduced? Because if not, there’s no way in hell that sells out. 

APE don't care about sellouts, just look at half the days last year

This will 100% sell better than some of last year's days - as someone said in the APE thread this day will sell well for the local audience (east london young people)