Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

On 2/21/2024 at 8:50 PM, internetjef said:

LCD soundsystem at Bristol forwards festivals Sunday 1st Sept. 

absolutely buzzing for this 

Loyle Carner the day before 

Being teased on their website

https://www.forwardsbristol.co.uk

I got an NHS ticket for one day last year. If LCD are playing, I'm down for doing that again!

12 hours ago, Drinky said:

He’s knocked this on the head due to illness 

Guess anyone who was hoping to go to that will have to settle for this:

Nothing actually on his own feed yet but venues are announcing it. So according to the MEN, he's playing a Euro tour consisting of...

• Fri Jul 26 – Krakow, PL – TAURON Arena Kraków
  • Tue Jul 30 – Berlin, DE – Uber Arena
  • Sat Aug 03 – Antwerp, BE – Sportpaleis Antwerpen
  • Wed Aug 07 – Birmingham, UK – Utilita Arena
  • Thu Aug 08 – Manchester, UK – Co-op Live
  • Sun Aug 11 – London, UK – The O2
  • Thu Aug 15 – Amsterdam, NL – Ziggo Dome
  • Wed Aug 21 – Munich, DE – Olympiahalle
  • Sun Aug 25 – Cologne, DE – Lanxess Arena
  • Thu Aug 29 – Copenhagen, DK – Royal Arena
  • Mon Sep 02 – Stockholm, SE – Tele2 Arena
  • Wed Sep 04 – Hamburg, DE – Barclays Arena
  • Fri Sep 06 – Lyon – Décines, FR – LDLC Arena

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

Guess anyone who was hoping to go to that will have to settle for this:

Nothing actually on his own feed yet but venues are announcing it. So according to the MEN, he's playing a Euro tour consisting of...

• Fri Jul 26 – Krakow, PL – TAURON Arena Kraków
  • Tue Jul 30 – Berlin, DE – Uber Arena
  • Sat Aug 03 – Antwerp, BE – Sportpaleis Antwerpen
  • Wed Aug 07 – Birmingham, UK – Utilita Arena
  • Thu Aug 08 – Manchester, UK – Co-op Live
  • Sun Aug 11 – London, UK – The O2
  • Thu Aug 15 – Amsterdam, NL – Ziggo Dome
  • Wed Aug 21 – Munich, DE – Olympiahalle
  • Sun Aug 25 – Cologne, DE – Lanxess Arena
  • Thu Aug 29 – Copenhagen, DK – Royal Arena
  • Mon Sep 02 – Stockholm, SE – Tele2 Arena
  • Wed Sep 04 – Hamburg, DE – Barclays Arena
  • Fri Sep 06 – Lyon – Décines, FR – LDLC Arena

Assuming he’s planning 2-3 London shows, it is cynical as hell to announce the Sunday night in isolation

This is an interesting one for multiple reasons, whether it's Kings of Leon having Bristol and London as big outdoor shows but the rest indoors, or the GSH.

However, what the poster misses is that on Thursday 27 June, KoL have a festival show in Austria. I don't really know if that makes Glastonbury more or less likely. If they have another European show on Friday 28th, they're absolutely out.

Just now, charlierc said:

Still undecided as to whether I am up for seeing them on their upcoming tour. They have a good reputation live?

Seen 'em twice, and the first time was a little bit hit and miss - was at the Ritz in Manchester though, which I'm less enamoured with.

Second time was at O2 Academy Leeds, another venue famed for its sound issues, but they knocked it out of the park. Tight as a drum, and it helped they were touring the hits.

Feeder tend to like playing the new record though. I'd expect at least a quarter of their set to be material from their latest, if not more. Depends if you're happy with that concession.

Where's your nearest date?

12 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Seen 'em twice, and the first time was a little bit hit and miss - was at the Ritz in Manchester though, which I'm less enamoured with.

Second time was at O2 Academy Leeds, another venue famed for its sound issues, but they knocked it out of the park. Tight as a drum, and it helped they were touring the hits.

Feeder tend to like playing the new record though. I'd expect at least a quarter of their set to be material from their latest, if not more. Depends if you're happy with that concession.

Where's your nearest date?

A fairly contrasting pair of emotions though. I know they have said they have a new double album on the way, so I suspect that songs on there will feature whereas I only know a handful of songs.

Nearest show is the Oxford O2 Academy, which I had great sound at for a Band of Skulls gig and mediocre sound for a Marmozets one. And presumably main room, not the upstairs smaller room where I saw The Japanese House last October.

Think I'll wait until seeing setlists from the first few shows of their upcoming tour and see what they look like.

6 minutes ago, charlierc said:

A fairly contrasting pair of emotions though. I know they have said they have a new double album on the way, so I suspect that songs on there will feature whereas I only know a handful of songs.

Nearest show is the Oxford O2 Academy, which I had great sound at for a Band of Skulls gig and mediocre sound for a Marmozets one. And presumably main room, not the upstairs smaller room where I saw The Japanese House last October.

Think I'll wait until seeing setlists from the first few shows of their upcoming tour and see what they look like.

Probably best to play it by ear. They are one of those bands who could absolutely ignite a ninety-minute show by sticking close to the obvious ones.

Feeling a Moment
Comfort in Sound
Lost & Found
Shatter
Renegades
Silent Cry
Pushing the Senses
Figure You Out
Come Back Around
10 Tender
11 We Can't Rewind
12 Borders
13 Eskimo
14 Just the Way I'm Feeling
15 Insomnia
16 Yesterday Went Too Soon
17 Seven Days in the Sun

18 High
19 Buck Rogers
20 Just a Day

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 2/23/2024 at 2:55 AM, Suprefan said:

Jockstrap has toured here already and sold it out last leg. We like them? 

Oh I don’t doubt that - they’re good. But I know a lot of people here who like Blur and who might be challenged by some of Jockstrap’s more esoteric material. If they only went because they liked the “woo-hoo” song… 🙂

On 2/24/2024 at 10:23 AM, NorthernSoul52 said:

Probably best to play it by ear. They are one of those bands who could absolutely ignite a ninety-minute show by sticking close to the obvious ones.

Feeling a Moment
Comfort in Sound
Lost & Found
Shatter
Renegades
Silent Cry
Pushing the Senses
Figure You Out
Come Back Around
10 Tender
11 We Can't Rewind
12 Borders
13 Eskimo
14 Just the Way I'm Feeling
15 Insomnia
16 Yesterday Went Too Soon
17 Seven Days in the Sun

18 High
19 Buck Rogers
20 Just a Day

Great setlist, but that's some f**king encore.  If I was in the pit for that, it would end me.