Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

1 minute ago, Padjeq said:

Confusion over Girls Aloud seating plan. Think a late decision has been made to go standing. This came out last week.

image.thumb.jpeg.c8802793b483f8994e0528f0cb1e2194.jpeg

Second part there confirms seats on the floor. But then here are the plans for Manchester:

girls-aloud-seating-plan.webp.3d32b63f2c7bf8ad4bd161c13507d68d.webp

Floor blocks, but then the colour key indicates they're standing. Here's Cardiff:

image.gif.9253acae155c205c89148b292a6689c6.gif

Pure standing. Think it suits the modern audience.

It's nothing new and has been going on for a while now but these special named areas right down the front are f**king bullshit.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Sparticus said:

Any word on the upcoming killers tour?

Nothing yet. Somebody in one of the other threads suggested they might be doing arenas, while I've heard a rumour on their Reddit that they're doing a Las Vegas residency at Caesar's Palace. But I suspect Girls Aloud and Nickelback having arena shows on sale this week has served to take this week's "Big gigs going on sale" slot.

20 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Didn't realise Saudi Arabia had a metal festival capable of hosting them ngl. Or is it the case that it only really becomes a metal festival when Metallica come to play it?

Saudi will create a festival - and for that matter an audience - out of thin air if they think it'll help normalise them in the eyes of the world.

• Upvote 1

All Girls Aloud brum pre-sales went to Ticketek, which has a See style raffle system rather than a queue. Unlike see though, after about 30 minutes you can just go to their website and click on the link and get your tickets while everyone else still thinks they're in a queue. Awful (for them, not for me. I'm alright jack)

21 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

All Girls Aloud brum pre-sales went to Ticketek, which has a See style raffle system rather than a queue. Unlike see though, after about 30 minutes you can just go to their website and click on the link and get your tickets while everyone else still thinks they're in a queue. Awful (for them, not for me. I'm alright jack)

I was in the queue but it let me in after a few min, looks like refreshing works on that.

24 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

Really?

I gave up after getting nowhere.

34 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

I did exactly the same as you for Cardiff

1 hour ago, Drinky said:

IMG_1635.thumb.jpeg.d503efe64c6423dc33e7a18a04aaeb25.jpeg

Three more names in the frame - or ruled out of anything except Friday, as this is the festival Japanese Breakfast played last year and wasn’t able to make it over to the UK overnight to get to the farm before the load-in cut-off on Sunday morning.

Oh is that what happened? We were up and heading over to see them when we found out they weren’t playing. Maybe this year then. 

26 minutes ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

Oh is that what happened? We were up and heading over to see them when we found out they weren’t playing. Maybe this year then. 

It was always a bit ambitious to do a sub-headline show until 10pm in Luxembourg, then load all the kit out, drive 4-5 hours to the ferry, get a truckload of kit through customs, then drive another 4 hours to get to the site by 10am to load in for a 12.30pm stage time. I reckon the days of smaller bands being able to do consecutive days at a Euro and UK festival are over post-Brexit.