Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

3 hours ago, northernangel said:

I think those arenas most likely rule out any festival dates to barring if Glastonbury manage to get a special performance but to be honest that would make Oasis finally playing Glastonbury again less interesting. As much as Noel makes 'Oasis', I don't think he needs Noel to create the atmosphere for a show.

So as much as Tom Delonge makes Blink 182 youre saying the time without him was just as good as their current tour and such. Sure. 

13 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

So as much as Tom Delonge makes Blink 182 youre saying the time without him was just as good as their current tour and such. Sure. 

Give your head a massive wobble! Tom DeLonge was equal in singing as Mark Hoppus is. He's not as good singer but you notice if it's not there. I saw Oasis back in 2008 or whatever year it was with Kasabian and The Enemy and watching Liam at Manchester Cricket ground was just as good if not probably better due to my view. The atmosphere was mad!

I don't notice or really care if Noel is there or not for Liam because as a front man not many better him. The only thing you are missing is the songs Liam won't do from Noel but this tour is going to feature some of these anyway.

Liam Gallagher Dates

• Saturday 1st June 2024: Sheffield Utilita Arena
  • Monday 3rd June 2024: Cardiff Utilita Arena
  • Thursday 6th June 2024: London The O2
  • Friday 7th June 2024: London The O2
  • Monday 10th June 2024: London The O2
  • Saturday 15th June 2024: Manchester Co-op Live
  • Sunday 16th June 2024: Manchester Co-op Live
  • Wednesday 19th June 2024: Glasgow OVO Hydro
  • Thursday 20th June 2024: Glasgow OVO Hydro
  • Sunday 23rd June 2024: Dublin 3Arena
  • Monday 24th June 2024: Dublin 3Arena
  • Thursday 27th June 2024: Manchester Co-op Live

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Can’t imagine he’ll come back to sub again, especially if he’s touring DM, but a secret set of some kind, maybe next years Churnups, would be great - the perfect set you want from Liam, really. 

I guess.  Though ideally it's actually Pulp doing that next year.

51 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Been waiting for both Pumpkins and Weezer to do a proper UK tour for years and now they’re doing one together?! Yes please!

Close to Glastonbury too so maybe Weezer will finally play.

33 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Can’t imagine he’ll come back to sub again, especially if he’s touring DM, but a secret set of some kind, maybe next years Churnups, would be great - the perfect set you want from Liam, really. 

Well it'll have been 5 year but 3 actually festival year and they've had sub back. My hunch is that he's either 3rd down on Saturday or an outside bet that he's doing the Legends slot on Sunday which makes him a top name of the bill. I don't think he's going to do secret set as that will just be mad! There will be songs not heard for 14 years by some people by a lot of people.

It probably doesn't matter but he's also friends with Chris Martin who may well be there Saturday. Imagine Liam, Olivia and Coldplay run. I don't think he'll be there Friday after playing in Manchestee anyway. 

21 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I guess.  Though ideally it's actually Pulp doing that next year.

I've never expected Pulp for anything but sub do that's totally different.

1 minute ago, northernangel said:

Well it'll have been 5 year but 3 actually festival year and they've had sub back. My hunch is that he's either 3rd down on Saturday or an outside bet that he's doing the Legends slot on Sunday which makes him a top name of the bill. I don't think he's going to do secret set as that will just be mad! There will be songs not heard for 14 years by some people by a lot of people.

Liam Gallagher is not doing the legend slot 😄

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Liam Gallagher is not doing the legend slot 😄

Well he is a Legend but age wise you're probably right. That'd why I wacked 3rd down Saturday in to cover myself which has hosted special guest slots if you like. So yeah I'm going 3rd down Saturday in and extended slot.

I think he'll add Manchester 13th June as well.

I said this on the other thread but Liam in the tent as a TBA opposite something chunky on the Pyramid would be a nice move. The tent didn’t exist back in 94 but it’s the closest analog to the NME Stage, before it became the Other Stage in its current form and basically Pyramid Mk II

3 minutes ago, Drinky said:

I said this on the other thread but Liam in the tent as a TBA opposite something chunky on the Pyramid would be a nice move. The tent didn’t exist back in 94 but it’s the closest analog to the NME Stage, before it became the Other Stage in its current form and basically Pyramid Mk II

Very much depends on if they’re wanting to do the big TBA acts on small stages or are gonna stick to this years plan of only having smaller TBAs on the small stages. Liam doing Definitely Maybe would be insanely popular so I’m guessing that’s something they’d want to avoid.